Underdefined assemblies

I seem to have a reoccurring issue that my assemblies are underdefined. Is there an easy way to see why? I'm obviously no SW wizard and just bang-out what I need. My assemblies are usually under 50 parts and not too complicated.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

More information is required. The first is an awkward question, but... are you mating things as they are added to the assembly? Expand the paper clip (mategroup) and describe what's in there. Those mates are what defines your assembly. Do your assemblies have multiple configurations? A VERY common problem is not making sure that mates propogate to all configurations, especially if you add components after configurations already exist in the top-level assembly.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton