Plotting assemblies

I have an HP Designjey 800 plotter that is capable of great plots but I can't get my Solidworks parts or assemblies to plot very well. The lines on edges are all jagged. It has to be a setting but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out which one. I am doing a great deal of routing and sending these assemblies to clients but the E size plots of these large route assemblies just don't look very professional. Looking for advice.

Reply to
Rambo

Are your displaying the views as Shaded, HLR, or ??? I know Shaded prints very jagged.

Ken

Reply to
Tin Man

Sorry, but I need to ask what may sound like a dumb question. Are you creating a drawing of this assembly first or just trying to plot a 3-d file? I have seen a big difference in line quality the few times I have tried to print directly from a 3-d file.

anyway-good luck.

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

We've been doing a lot of this lately too with the same plotter. If you want good crisp edges, don't print from the assembly or part. Put it into a drawing as a shaded view and it works great. Some of ours look so good, we're framing them and hanging them in our office for our customers to see.

Reply to
yawdro

We've been doing a lot of this lately too with the same plotter. If you want good crisp edges, don't print from the assembly or part. Put it into a drawing as a shaded view and it works great. Some of ours look so good, we're framing them and hanging them in our office for our customers to see.

Reply to
Rambo

We've been doing a lot of this lately too with the same plotter. If you want good crisp edges, don't print from the assembly or part. Put it into a drawing as a shaded view and it works great. Some of ours look so good, we're framing them and hanging them in our office for our customers to see.

Reply to
Rambo

This is a little hidden secret in SW. If you need an 8 foot high post for a kiosk you can do this as a shaded view in a drawing and print to tiff. Huge file but with the right settings you get very good quality. This has also been used to make illustrations for manuals. Faster and easier than PhotoWorks and very good quality. You mus set your lights to get really good results.

TOP

Reply to
TOP