SW2005 plotting-continued

This still needs some work. I have had very little luck so far plotting to my HP700C. 1 out 4 so far. And the one that DID plot took 10 times longer than it should have.

Going through pdf kinda works, but still takes way too long.

I seem to recall having the same problem with sp0 of 2004. Anybody have an SPR# on this one yet? Come to think of it, I'll just call my VAR anyway and raise some Hell.

jk

Reply to
jk

See my earlier post "Solidworks 2005 printing woes" I have noticed that SW2005 and printing to my HP 450C plotter takes forever.

Reply to
Rocko

It seems to me that with every major release, printing gets royally screwed. I thought they finally figured it out in one of the SP's for SW2004 (can't remember which one). Once they fixed the problems, I have not had any problems printing to my HP450c and my HP2500. Guess they decided they fixed it too good, according to your problems in SW2005.

I have not installed SW2005 here at work yet, so I haven't experienced these problems yet. If I have problems with printing when I do install, I guess I will do what I have always done in the past. I'll call my VAR and report it also.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

My VAR confirmed that they have been hearing a lot of complaints about this. He also said that he had heard that was being addressed in sp1. When pressed about timing-all he said was "by the end of the month".

My only work-around is plotting to a pdf file and then when I plot that I need to remember to go to the advanced tab and select the option to spool in the computer instead of the plotter. That's the only way I have found, but it does work and the plots look OK.

jk

Reply to
jk

Although the local VAR claims not to verify it, I have seen that SolidWorks 2005 is sending 5-10x more data to our HP 750C Plus plotter than it did in 2004 sp3.

7-9Mb per drawing vs. 300-500Kb

Turning on high quality views, or [x] High Resolution printing, makes this even worse. Image Quality, Component Line Font, and Draft Views seem to have minimal effect on reducing the volume of data being sent or the time it takes the plotter to recieve the file and spool it on its internal hard drive.

If anyone has an idea about any other settings to try, please speak up. To see the data size being sent, double click on your printer immediately after sending a plot. The print driver window will show the size in the 5th column of your print job.

Regards, DesignSmith

Reply to
DesignSmith

There are a few of us here in Sweden that have the same experiences....sending files to plotter takes a lot longer in SW2005, one simple drawing took 2min in 05 and just under 30sec in 04....our VAR has confirmed this and sent it over to SolidWorks. Plotter = Selex SR850E.

Krister L

"DesignSmith" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Krister L