2004 advice

Gentlemen, Looking for any feedback from any of you using SWX2004, IF you are doing large machinery assemblies. Consumer products with swoops and swooshes are not the primary concern right now. We have several large projects going right now using SWX03.........I put 04 on my station so far, but looking for other brave souls before I upgrade everybody else. Any comments will be appreciated.

Best Regards Bruce Chapman Manager - Product Engineering Rayco Mfg, Inc.

Bruce Chapman

From my point of view...(not too much surfacing)...so far most things looks good, except for drawings...adding a few sheets and a few section cuts will will slow down drawing performance to a non acceptabale level.....other people in this ng and VAR's sais it's gonna be fixed in Sp2 ...but so far it's a real PITA....

Krister L

Bruce Chapman skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m02.aol.com...

Reply to
Krister L

I can confirm what Krister says about 2004 drawing performance. It's unacceptable in sp1.

sp0 was much better in this area, but there were problems plotting to HP plotters for many of us. I also recall that there was some sort of problem with the hole wizard for users of ToolBox.

An additional note for anybody who is considering rolling back to sp0 from sp1: any hole wizard holes done in sp1 will be un-editable in sp0 after rolling back. In fact, my experience was that the hole wizard was completely un-usable in sp0 after rolling back from sp1.

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

I would chime in with the others re sw2004 drawings. If you do multisheet large format drawings, lots of views, a few sections, etc, the performance is pretty much unusable (unless the user is exceedingly patient or heavily sedated). I have a rather sizable fixturing project starting up shortly, and I plan to use sw2001+. Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

Bruce,

I tried to email you but keep getting kicked out.

Please send me your current email address.

Tom Chasteen snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

delete the removeme from this address.

Reply to
Tom Chasteen

Colors and transparency are screwed up -- if you set colors by subassemblies and use transparency, in many cases you're out of luck. Also select thru transparency is broken in some cases. SPR numbers have been issued so evidently it won't be fixed in SP2. It should be evident from the seat you have with 2004 if it will be a problem for you.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Zuercher