Hole Wizard Error

SWX 2004 SP1.0, Win2K, Hole Wizard error "Error: The database file '[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb' is not
the expected version (8.7)"
I tried calling up tech support, but I guess they have the day off. Lucky guys. ;-)
Any ideas here? My Rod really needs a threaded hole in it.
Thanks
: SWX 2004 SP1.0, Win2K, Hole Wizard error : "Error: The database file '[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb' is not : the expected version (8.7)" : : I tried calling up tech support, but I guess they have the day off. : Lucky guys. ;-) : googled swbrowser.mdb and came up with your question (and an answer of sorts) on a German NG. Seems there is a utility called UpdateBrowserData.exe located in a folder called SolidWorks2004\Toolbox\data utilities which should do the trick of updating the database.
David Janes

I had the same problem and could not resolve it with update browser.
If the update doesn't work you can try what I did. Simply open the database '[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb' with Access and look for the table named "version". Open it and change the number (I guess it's 8.6) to 8.7. Close the database and retry your hole wizard.
I don't know if this could cause problems in the future versions but so far it works for me...
Hope this helps.
Pascal Dufour
I saw this error only after rolling back from sp1 tp sp0. The only thing that fixed it for me was re-installing sp1.
jk

not
If you haven't upgraded to SP01 try this work around:
Open a new blank assembly, then use the hole wizard on your part. Don't know why this works, but it does. I had the same problem, my VAR tracked down the solution and got back to me. Apparently, I've got the only good one in the Solidworks world. Hope this helped.
Matt