Hole Wizard Error

SWX 2004 SP1.0, Win2K, Hole Wizard error
"Error: The database file '[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb' is not
the expected version (8.7)"
I tried calling up tech support, but I guess they have the day off.
Lucky guys. ;-)
Any ideas here?
My Rod really needs a threaded hole in it.
Thanks
Reply to
George
: SWX 2004 SP1.0, Win2K, Hole Wizard error : "Error: The database file '[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb' is not : the expected version (8.7)" : : I tried calling up tech support, but I guess they have the day off. : Lucky guys. ;-) : googled swbrowser.mdb and came up with your question (and an answer of sorts) on a German NG. Seems there is a utility called UpdateBrowserData.exe located in a folder called SolidWorks2004\Toolbox\data utilities which should do the trick of updating the database.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
"George" wrote in news:67mJb.718692$HS4.5187728@attbi_s01:
I had the same problem and could not resolve it with update browser.
If the update doesn't work you can try what I did. Simply open the database '[snip long folder descrip]\swbrowser.mdb' with Access and look for the table named "version". Open it and change the number (I guess it's 8.6) to 8.7. Close the database and retry your hole wizard.
I don't know if this could cause problems in the future versions but so far it works for me...
Hope this helps.
Pascal Dufour
Reply to
Pascal Dufour
I saw this error only after rolling back from sp1 tp sp0. The only thing that fixed it for me was re-installing sp1.
jk
Reply to
John Kreutzberger
If you haven't upgraded to SP01 try this work around:
Open a new blank assembly, then use the hole wizard on your part. Don't know why this works, but it does. I had the same problem, my VAR tracked down the solution and got back to me. Apparently, I've got the only good one in the Solidworks world. Hope this helped.
Matt
Reply to
Matt A.