SW2005 SP5.0 is out

Anyone know how to find out what has changed or been fixed?

I checked the fixed SPR's but SP5.0 was not listed.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I got the message about this SP this morning when starting up SW ... However the website does not have 2005 SP5.0 on the download list.

Reply to
George

It apparently does now.. That is where I saw it.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

??? I just downloaded it! ???

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

This is the EV release. Not everybody can download it. You have to sign up on the SW website.

The SPRs are listed under next release. There are two general and about

3 dozen under all SPRs.
Reply to
TOP

The full 5.0 is there, not just the ev. I just looked and it gave me the option to upgrade from 5.0ev.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

No TOP the EV was out a while back this is the "official" release. It's right there under downloads!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

On attempting to upgrade from 5.0EV to 5.0 after about 5mins with the "Gathering required information" window I get "Internal error 2725" and can proceed no further!

I have switched off virus checking and every other piece of software, rebooted several times but still get this error.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have reported this to the evis email address, my VAR and the SolidWorks forum.

I'm about to go postal with SolidWorks over this.

John Layne (BRING BACK DRAWING BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Reply to
John Layne

On advice from my VAR I'm currently rolling back to 4.0 and will then try to upgrade.

FYI Rolling back goes back to SP0.0 and then sequentially installs all SP's up to that which you want to roll back to. I wish I new this before I started because--- my installed SP are as follows SP0.0 to SP1.0ev SP1.0ev to SP1.0 SP1.0 to SP 2.0 SP2.0 to SP 3.0 SP3.0 to SP 3.1eV SP3.1ev to SP3.1 SP3.1 to SP4.Oev SP4.0ev to SP4.0

SO I'M STILL ROLLING BACK 1 HOUR LATER AND HAVING TO INSERT DISKS 1 THRU

3 FOR EVERY ------ SINGLE DAMN SERVICE PACK. I'm too chicken to stop because I need to get some work done today despite SolidWorks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In future, I suggest others roll back to SP0.0 then upgrade from there. This has been a mind numbingly insane waste of my day!

Note in past releases I have not bothered with EV's but, this time I have been desperate for the "fixes".

I will not be running SolidWorks 2006 for production until SP5.0. Good luck to everyone else.

Ahhhhh that feels better, just venting my safety valve.

John Layne

Reply to
John Layne

3hours later it worked, I now can start work for the day.
Reply to
John Layne

A good trick for dealing with this headache is to copy the contents of the CDs into a folder somewhere on a hard disk. When the installer asks for a disk, point it to the folder. After that, it won't ask again.

I guess you could roll your own install DVD this way too, if you were so inclined.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I'll do that right now!

I find it interesting that I could update from SP4.0 but not SP5.0EV and when rolling back it rolls back to 0.0 then installs all SP's sequentially.

Makes me think I should roll back to SP0.0 and then install service Packs--- because there appears to be difference in the updates.

John

Reply to
John Layne