SW2005 crash - lightweight

SW2005 SP5.0ev

I just crashed out and when I restarted, I found that I was now in large assy mode, and in the performance tab, it was set to always load lightweight. I think I've seen this before, but this time I know I didn't do it. Anyone else see this happening?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne,

Haven't used the evauluation SP; however, I consider there to be a long-standing "bug" in SolidWorks which may be related.

I load lightweight by default and keep the assembly options set accordingly. Intermittently, though, the program takes it upon itself to remove the check mark from the Perfomance System Option "Automatically load components lightweight". This is bothersome and often causes me to wait for excessively long periods while an assembly is forced to load itself resolved, since there is no escape other than to kill the process with the Task Manager.

I have NO idea what triggers this unrequested toggle of the option setting, but have seen it occur in 2004 and 2005 through many service packs.

Perhaps the "Enhanced Lightweight Mode" capabilities of SolidWorks 2006 are somehow influencing the code for the new 2005 evaluation SP?

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
POH

Please report this, this happens to me when you select and highlight a detached type drawing in the open dialogue. It unchecks the Lightweight option in Tools/Options. It's been doing this the last two versions.

Reply to
Jason