Automatically Load Lightweight option gets turned OFF

Currently I'm using SolidWorks 2005 SP2.0; however, the following problem is not new with this latest service pack:

I typically work with the performance option for assemblies to load components lightweight turned ON. (The same is true for Large Assembly mode.)

For some unknown reason, I repeatedly find that the performance option for assemblies loading lightweight is intermittently turned OFF without any user intervention. Often when I assume that lightweight loading is enabled and happen to be in a hurry to load a large assembly (especially when asked to do a quick presentation), SolidWorks ends up laboring to load each and every file while resolving them. (Maybe the program just senses my impatience level and acts accordingly...)

Please shed some light on the root cause of this highly undesirable intermittent system option toggle.

Per O. Hoel

Reply to
POH

Per,

I don't know if this is the same as a problem I recently ran into or not. It turns out that Large Assembly Mode is saved with the file. Normally you would think that since this was a System Option that it would not be file specific, but it is. So, if you had LAM turned on, but for some reason had lightweight turned off in LAM, its conceivable for it to do what you are saying with specific files, not with new ones, and it wouldn't follow the settings.

To me, when a System Option works like a Document Property, it sounds like a bug to me, but of course to SW this was "working as designed", I suppose without thought to if it is designed properly or not.

Matt

"POH" wrote in news:1112193705.998794.159400 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
matt

Matt,

I understand your suggestion that a System Option masquerading as a Document Property could be acting to override the System Option itself; however, I'm finding that an assembly which I open (automatically lightweight), work on for a while, save, close and then re-open can be forced to load RESOLVED the second time around.

This may happen as the result of my multi-tasking with the opening of other unrelated assemblies during a particular session of SolidWorks, but my question (and concern) is HOW does the System Option get toggled OFF?

It's > Per,

Normally you

Assembly

Reply to