2006 SP0 file loading handicap

I'd like to understand what's going on, but can assure you that I'm disappointed with the newly released 2006 SP0.

While running the Pre-Release 2 of 2006 (alongside 2005, SP4) I can't say I noticed any difference in performance.

Now after upgrading to 2006 SP0, it takes longer just to launch the program and loading/saving files is noticeably slower...

What is the new Enhanced Lightweight Mode which SolidWorks now refers to when opening files which require conversion?

After opening a Parasolids file to re-create an assembly, for example, the time required to save the results is painfully slow. The same goes for reopening these saved results (even with Open Lightweight turned on). Parasolids performance used to be far faster!

What is going on? Perhaps I should have uninstalled the Pre-Release software (even though I don't recall any such suggestion from SolidWorks and no such prompt shows via the Installer routine).

I'm always looking for performance improvements to be introduced; however, things such as Enhanced Lightweight Mode seem to be a step backwards?!

Per O. Hoel

Reply to
POH

Per,

I wouldn't have upgraded a pre-release. How much work is it to do a clean reinstall?

Reply to
TOP

It's easy to do a clean re-installation; however, after performing one, the performance degradation with 2006 SP0 is unfortunately STILL there...

As far as I'm c> Per,

Reply to
POH

Gee, that's never happened before. :(