SPR fixed

The measure dialog box used to not update properly if the parts were moved while the box was open. Fixed in 2.0.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

But what was broken to fix this? - bug fixing in SW is a "zero sum gain" activity ;-)

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

I just loaded SP3.0 and read through the list. Some of the ones that I have been waiting for are there. I haven't tried any of them yet, but hopefully the list is correct.

  1. Flexible subs now take their patterned parts with them when dragged.
  2. API "Need user preference integer value to get/set document density units."
  3. The hotkey Ctrl-F is now properly identified when you try to assign it. Yeah!
  4. "Unexpected file format" - two different SPR's - maybe some hope here.
  5. Text added to an imported model dim wouldn't stick - you had to go to the model and add it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne, I tried to load some of our "large assemblies" (~4774 parts of which 666 unique parts) in SP 3.0 and just before it finished loading the software crashed and told me to contact support service.

Can you open files of this size? I even forced it out of Large assembly mode with no differing results.

Reply to
Waligora, R

Sorry for the late reply - I was out of town.

The first thing is to monitor how much memory is being used. If you get up to about 1.8 Gb total used, you will crash out, unless you are on XP and you turn on the 3 GB switch. You can also try loading lightweight.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I have no problems opening this size of model and working easily when I use SP 2.0.

I am using Windows2000 2.0 Gb Ram. I just wondered if anyone else is having the problems with SP 3.0 that we are having. We are having an abundance of problems, all have been submitted to our VAR and sent to Solidworks. We have used Solidworks since the fall of 1998, and haven't had near the number of issues as we are finding in SW2005.

Reply to
Waligora, R