SW2005 popup dialog box

I have noticed that when using the popup dialog box angle or distance mate, the value field is no longer highlighted by default - you have to go in and swipe it before typing a number. Anyone else see this happening?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Yep. Been that way since B1. A real "TIME SAVER"with all these new bells & whistles. Oops, I mean features that they added. Wait till you have to try to change configurations of a part in an assembly that has multiple configurations. More dialog boxes to have to pick and wade thru. Can anyone say CARPLE TUNNEL nightmare.

It must have skipped PR-2 then, cause mine still works.

I think the configuration behavior is the same number of dialog boxes and clicks.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

I'd say it's more clicks because you can't see whether your properties changes are applied to all configs or what. You have to click through an extra dialog to see if it's going to do what you want or not. I've already submitted an enhancement request on this.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Dale, Yep, you're right, but only if you want the change applied to the current config only:

2004 (not counting right-click, properties) Select Configuration (1) OK (accept default) (2) 2005 Select Configuration (1) Select Configurations...(2) OK (accept default) (3)

But, for all other situations, it looks to me like the same number of clicks

2004 (not counting right-click, properties) Select Configuration (1) Select Change properties in: (2) Select All Configurations (3) OK (4) 2005 Select Configuration (1) Select Configurations...(2) Select All Configurations (3) OK (4)

I like the fact that the new dialog box pops up right in front of your face. The 2004 dialog box like(s) to come up at the upper left of my screen.

But, still, one extra click. Workmans comp here I come...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Doyle

I had not yet confirmed that the default behavior is to apply changes to all configurations (which I don't like). Also, I can't see what it's going to do until I click on the new button. But then, if it's defaulting to all configs, then I guess I know. I like the old behavior, where it uses the previous setting. I think I'm gonna cry.

Reply to
Dale Dunn