Orientation dialog box

I'm having a problem with SW 2005 view orientation. When I try to update the views, for example to change the current front view to the back view, I click on the view that I want to change to and then click the update button. As I click the update button, the selected view changes from the new (desired) view to the current view. So the change is never made.

Anyone have a solution?

Reply to
dbremer1955

Strange indeed! (SW2005, SP4.0)

I had made changes ok, but as I studied this issue, I found something quite strange.

Try this. Open the dialog box and select (highlight) a view other than the current one. Now run your cursor up to select one of the buttons, such as to reset the view, but don't click anything. About 1 second after crossing the boundary of the button, the view selection jumps back to the current view! Reminds me of the variety of programs that ask you to select a button or box, but it always moves whenever it receives the focus. :-)

So the answer to your issue is to select your desired view, and then click the button before it has a chance to change your selection. Got to be quick!

Is this what you are seeing? Verify this and then turn it in.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

dbremer,

Yes I have seen this. Took me a little while to figure out what was going on here. I think it has something to do with SW and Windows not playing well together.

What happens is that after you highlight the view that you want to change to, and then you mouse-over to the update view button and pause for a moment, a help "flag" will pop-up showing what the button is used for. When this "flag" pops up, for some strange reason the view that you had selected becomes un-selected.

The only workaround I have found is to "do it fast". Meaning, mouse over to the Update View button and click it before the help "flag" has a chance to pop up. Works for me anyway.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Seth, Thanks for your response. You are right, I hadn't thought of the speed solution, but I had noticed the problem recurring on a somewhat random basis. Most of the time but not all of the time.

Your solution works. Thanks again.

David

Reply to
dbremer1955

Wayne, thanks for responding. I do not have exactly the same situation as you, tho your solution works for me. My selection changes when I click the update button, not before.

Thanks again,

David

Reply to
dbremer1955

I would like as many folks as possible to try this for me. It happens on my machine every time, on another machine every time, but another one here works fine. My VAR can do it, but SW can't seem to make it misbehave. I would like to collect enough information to maybe show some common factors. It's a very quick test so please participate.

  1. Open a part or assy and go to a named view (front, etc.)
  2. Open the orientation dialog box (space bar) - you should see your selected view highlighted
  3. Single left-click on another view in that box
  4. Move your cursor up over one of the 3 buttons at the top (not the Pin one)
  5. Does the highlight jump back to the current view or not when the tip flag appears???

Please report: SW version SW SP Video card info Anything else that you might find useful that you can think of.

The ones that I have tried have not proven to be the particular video card, which was my second thought. My first was SW settings, but I imported a working machine's settings to mine and it still misbehaved. I'm pretty well stumped on this one.

Thanks.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

The answer: No

The specifics: SW 2005 SP 3.1 (because I can't get 4.0 to load, don't get me started) Nvidia Quadro FX 1000 67.22 driver Coffee - regular Hazelnut no sugar, a little half & half (in a travel mug that whistles when I sip)

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I suspect this is a Windows issue, but I haven't figured out what. I'm on XP SP2, but another machine on XP SP2 works fine. I have a FireGL card, but others with the same card & driver work fine. A machine with a Quadro card also misbehaves. Another machine with an identical Quadro card & driver works fine, both on XP SP 1 and SW SP4.0. A variety of SW SP machines all work fine.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I'm hot on the path of this one. I found that turning off large tool tips in SW will make the problem appear, except for one machine here that is on a FireGL card with a later driver than I am running. I am in the process of getting a later driver. I'll keep you posted.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

No home run, but a base hit. I updated to the same video driver as a totally working machine with the same FireGL card as I have and mine still misbehaves. However, he is on XP SP1 and SW SP2.0, whereas I am on XP SP2 & SW SP 4.0.

Does anyone have a setup that works fine with the large tool tips off? If so, what video card & driver, and what Windows version?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Happens here. We discussed this here not too long ago.

SW2005, SP3.0 Large icons - OFF Show tooltips - ON Large tooltips - OFF

nVidia Quadro FX 1300, driver 6.14.10.6722 WinXP Pro, SP2.0

I agree. I think it has something to do with SW and Windows not playing well together also. But that's just a hunch....

Reply to
Seth Renigar

No problems here.

SW 2005, SP4.0 nVidia FX-1100 Driver 5.3.0.3 (certified)

Art W.

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Does it work properly if you turn Large tooltips on?

WT

"Seth Renigar" wrote in message news:%L8Ie.93926$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Do you have Large tooltips on? If so, what if you turn it off?

Also, what version of Windows?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Works correctly WITH large tooltips ON.

But I can't stand to work with those stupid looking waste of MHz thingys turned on!!!

Reply to
Seth Renigar

No problems with large or small tooltips. Win2K, SP4

AW

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Ok, so one of the factors is certainly having the large tooltips turned off - if you turn them on it always seems to work. The other appears to maybe be Win XP, and I can't confirm yet whether SP1 or SP2 has an effect.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Ok, if I turn off large tooltips (I didn't even know I had the option) then YES it happens.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

What's your Windows version & SP?