I need a shoes

Hello, Is anybody has drow a shoes with solidworks and can show me Thanks Patrick

Reply to
binns_superpat

I know a long long time ago Ed Eaton was modeling a shoe and he lofted profiles to make the upper part of the shoe. I don't know now if he would change his approach.....

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

Wow, Ken... good memory. That was easily 6 years ago!

Patrick- The way I've modeled shoes depends on what I am using the model for.

I used to work in the Point of Purchase display industry so I needed to model shoes as place-holders in the assembly or to be in renderings of display ideas. If you only need a shoe model for visuals, there's a quick way to make a convincing shoe with a sweep-with-guides for the contoured part of the upper, then use some extrudes and cuts to add detail like the sole, the cutout for the foot, and the laces+stitching. To get a start on the sweep-with-guides you can download 'CS101-2-Four_types_of_loft' from the tutorial area of

- in the zip file you will find a part called 'Slide35_PUTTY BALL.SLDPRT'. Use the suppressed curves to make the back half the same way as the front half, then drag the guides around until it has approximately the shape you want for your shoe (I've used this to make pretty convincing running shoes, high tops, a boots, etc). Adding the other detail to make it look like a shoe is pretty trivial - just make an offset surface to the outside of the main blob and do extrudes up to it for the laces, etc.

I have had to make a more exact shoe when I was doing a product for 'grinding'. That takes a lot of measurement and can involve some hardcore modeling - if this is closer to your need, you might have to provide more detail to get useful advice.

I wish I could just email you my old shoe models won't be able to get to my old data for at least a month or so - sorry.

Good luck- Ed

Reply to
ed1701

Yeah the dumb things I remember. I even remember the part name "that damn shoe". Might have been darn....

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

Thanks for your help Kmaren and Ed, I see it's a big business, I have time and I try to do my shoes with the tutorial of Ed ! Patrick

Reply to
binns_superpat

Hi, I once drew a rough shoe with SolidWorks. Pls see it in my homepage: jeffreysourcing.com. I will attach it to my homepage after I post this article.

We are a consultancy and sourcing company founded and composed by professional engineers with 10-25 years of experience in many industry fields and in consultancy and sourcing companies. Our specialty is in metal, Aluminum, plastic, assembly, part, machine, machining, plastic mold, stamp die, sport equipment, office supplies, glass, artwork, helmet, gate, door lock, home appliances, office chair, electrical and electronic appliances, engineering, product development, 3D industrial design, draft, prototype making, technical service, packaging design, quality control and inspection, and drawing translation between English and Chinese.

We always first ask the supplier to sign the Non-disclosure Agreement before we tell them business and technical information of our clients. We can provide you professional Supplier Audit Report with pictures. We can check the engineering, process, and sample quality until they are eligible to clients' specifications. If you do not have enough specifications for the product, we can help to make and recommend the suitable standards if you need, since we have a lot of experience in this work. We shall arrange customs procedure of China ports and send the goods to you. We shall do quality inspection before shipment. And you are free to build your own office independently in China or continue to hire us when our contract expire.

We have much experience in the following: material of both Chinese and abroad, the worldwide standards such as some ASTM, ISO standards, and BIFMA for chair, etc., designing 3D model of products, rebuild drawing, drawing translation, stamping, plastic injection, machining, heat treatment, product assembling, welding, plating and anodizing, painting, packaging design, and smart container packing design to save your transportation cost. We reply clients' question and inquiry quickly. We can give you reasonable low price because we are good at quotation analysis and calculation and can get low supplier price. We have very good relationship with our suppliers and have good ability and much experience to find new suppliers for new kinds of product such as rubber rope, sintered carbide, and specific springs. We have professional ability to direct many suppliers when they meet difficulty in producing your products. We are good at computer application and have high efficiency. We can open almost all familiar formats of file. If your product and assembly is a combined device with electronics, electrics, and chemicals, it is not a specially difficult thing for us, since we have these kinds of experience.

If you want to sell your products in China, we also can provide help, because we have experience of sales and ecommerce in China.

Address: Suite 1804, Building 31, #187, Qingjian Road, Putuo District , Shanghai, China. Postal Code: 200333.

President: Jeffrey Shao

E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@jeffreysourcing.com

MSN Messenger: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Phone: 0086-21-62069293, Mobile Phone: 0086-13381598331

Homepage:

Jeffrey-Sourcing-China

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Hello Ed,

I apologize for waiting so long to answer you back but I had to translate your mail which is not easy for me with the technicals terms, so I have had to ask some help.

I just began with the sole. I made basic form but I get the sole. The Powerpoint demo help me a lot.

I can wait for your old shoe models and it will be a great help for me.

Thank again for your help

Patrick

Reply to
binns_superpat