Auto Orientation Change Not Working

Greetings, I was wondering if anyone can point out where the user preference or user registry is stored for SW2007? For some reason, after clicking the view orientation on the lower left corner of the work space, the automatic orientation view change stops working. Basically, whenever you want to add a new feature, you click on the surface you want to create a sketch, the view should change to a normal view to that surface. Then, when you exit out from sketch mode, it should return to the pervious view. For some reason, this stops working. Since help file didn't help, after uninstalling and reinstalling, the problem remains. Any suggestions? OK, the only automatic orientation change still works is when you start a new file, you first create a extrusion on the datum plane, that automatic view changes still works. Please help.

NT.

Reply to
NewType

Please 'splain which software other than SW you found this in/ Its not a SW function. SW only does it for the first sketch, as you mention. Never returns to the previous view.

You're imagining things. Watch out, someone may accuse you of being drunk.

Daisy.

Reply to
PotFlower

SolidWorks does a lot of things that I've forgoten about, just cause I've settled into my own habits, and some things I just don't use/see anymore - but yeah, I don't remember this one. Played around with Inventor a while back, and I seem to remember it doing this (or maybe it was the 3D modeler that came with Surfcam for a year or

2?). It was one of them, anywho.
Reply to
SeanMc

Greetings again, Really? SW2007 SP2.2 doesn't do that? I've use ProE, UGS, NX4, NX5, SolidEdge, and they all do that. In fact, I don't recall one that doesn't. I've used pervious version of SW before (about 4~5 years ago), and I don't remember that it didn't change view. May be I've always assumed they all do.

NT

Reply to
NewType

"NewType" wrote in news:RGCKi.2640$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

If I may jump in: I personally prefer it this way. When SW does change the view orientation, I rarely like it. When I do want to change the view normal to the sketch, the normal view tool will do it. Click on normal view in one of the palces it appears by default, or hit ctrl-8 after opening the sketch and before you select anything else.

An enhancement request to add this as an option for those who would like it might be a good idea.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

innews:RGCKi.2640$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

Reply to