T-Splines and Rhino

Has anyone been trying out T-splines? If so, what do you think about them? It seems like T-splines and Rhino might make life a little easier for those generating "interesting" shapes. Of course, I really want it integrated in SW, but I'll take the Rhino to SW import for now if it looks good enough.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Yeah , i have tried it (for about 3 hours). but the conversion from a solidworks solid to a T-spline polysurface model was not easy.

But i am not very familiar with rhino yet. And i dont have the time (yet) to go to a deeper understanding.

I have tryed to push around a simple box. to a complex smooth shape, and that works very good.

I will probably buy the licence on what i have seen yet.

I will inform you and the group if i succeed in healing a solidworksmodel with T-splines.

best regards Bram

"Jerry Steiger" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Reply to
bvw

Thanks, Jon. (I can't believe I'm writing this!)

Reading a number of posts on the forum was quite helpful. I learned a couple of things of interest. One is that there don't exist (right now) tools for exactly matching a T-Spline shape to an existing shape. A second is that offsetting a T-Spline shape in Rhino doesn't yield a T-Spline shape and you can easily run into the usual problems, such as open edges. A third is that the T-Spline interface appears to be a step beyond the Rhino interface, which is already a long ways away from the SolidWorks interface. All in all, not too encouraging right now.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger