SW 2008 ACIS *.sat

Has anyone else had problems importing or exporting ACIS *.sat files? If so, is there a fix?

Thanks, Joseph

Reply to
Joseph

Nope. I just exported an assembly from SW2008 to my old seat of Cadkey99R1. Everything came in just fine. The key is to check your options when you export from SW to make sure that you are exporting a version of ACIS that the target system can handle. In my case that was 5.0.

I have not had occasion to import ACIS files to SW2008.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

Everything came in

sure that you are

I still can't get it to work. Everytime I try and save as an ACIS it fails and generates an failure log that says:

SolidWorks Corporation - SAT Processor Error Log ______________________________________________________

SAT Post Processor ___________________

SAT File Name: C:\Concept Drawings\Wheel.SAT

When I try and import one it fails and says this:

OOOOOOOOO(OOOOOO:142) "(O=squares)" An invalid argument was encountered.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Joseph

Reply to
Joseph

I've done lots of ACIS exports and a few imports and haven't had these types of problems. All I can think of is the standard "Reinstall SW with virus checking turned off" routine, since it sounds like this happens on every file you try to import or export. It does seem like I have more problems generating ACIS files than IGES or STEP. Even though the IGES files are larger, it seems to take longer to generate the ACIS files and I sometimes run into memory problems. Your import error message looks like a memory issue. Maybe you just need more?

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

and generates

of problems. All I

routine, since it

seem like I have more

are larger, it seems

problems. Your import

I don't know; perhaps I should try re-install. I'm running an Intel Centrino Duo Core, WinXP Pro, with 2 gig of memory so I doubt that is it. Never had any problems until I upgraded to SW2008. The IGES and STEP work fine; however I have a customer who wants ACIS files. For now my work around has been to save a STEP, then open in SW2007, and save as ACIS.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph

There was a hotfix for this. the Ais import stopped working in SP0.0 or 0.1 I can't remember which. Anyway if you upgrade to SP1.0 or above you will find the import works fine.

Thanks, Justin

Reply to
jburtonSW

That's what I was afraid of; I have SPO.1 and it will cost me $1,300 to fix a faulty program. This drives me nuts! The program should work; perform the functions SW says it does. I should not have to pay for patches to fix a faulty product.

Thanks, Joseph

Reply to
Joseph

"Joseph" a écrit dans le message de news: rYWdnS5SvOr6CijanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com...

You should not. I believe that if you prove the fault, you would get that SP for free. Let us know

Reply to
Jean Marc

Oops, my bad, Joseph. I completely skipped over the 2008 in your subject line. I'm running 2007 and haven't tried 2008 yet.

I believe Jean Marc is right. If you can show your VAR that SW is truly broken and there is an SP that fixes it, you should be able to get the SP at no cost.

Jerry Steiger

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Only if you are willing to value his time at zero. They ought to come to him. They are, after all, aware of the problem and he did pay for product that worked. Why do you guys put up with this crap?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I'm running 2007

and there is an SP

Yep. SW is taking care of me; sending me a CD to correct the problem.

Thanks, Joseph

Reply to
Joseph