Scroll Wheel Zoom

I've seen a couple of posts about having problems with the scroll wheel zooming to the center of the screen rather than the mouse pointer and I've tried all the hints and nothing has worked!

I use SolidWorks 2007 SP5.0 on a Dell Precision laptop with an external Dell optical mouse. When I'm in a part or assembly, the view will zoom in/out to the location of the mouse pointer.

However, when I'm in a drawing, the scroll wheel will only zoom in/out to the center of the screen no matter what I do. I've tried View, Modify, Zoom About Screen Center,,,,,,doesn't do anything whether it's on or off. I've looked all through the options and even the help menu (Middle Mouse Button Functions) to no avail. I've even tried a different mouse. I didn't have this problem with 2006.

Is there anyone who can help me fix this?

Reply to
nathanlsmith83

Disable any special addon Windows mouse control software you may have as it takes precedance of the Solidworks mouse motions. Just use the default Windows drivers.

Reply to
Phil Evans

Yes it's working... But i was having similar problem in SW 2007 x64. Now i can zoomm with scrool, but i cannot turn/rotate model using middle botton. someone solve it? i have no idea what to do

Reply to
Lukasek SW