Scroll Wheel - Double Click for Zoom Extents

Hi all
My install is configured such that double clicking the scroll wheel invokes zoom-extents and clicking and dragging with the scroll wheel gives the pan
command. Can anyone tell me where this is setup? I've forgotten and can't repeat the operation OR find instruction in the help. Acad 2008 under WinXP2
TIA
Phil
In your mouse software set middle button/scroll wheel to middle button. At least it works that way wit a Logitech mouse. Of course if using a MS mouse you need to throw out the mouse and buy a Logitech mouse.
TheScullster wrote:

Looked at the options for changing mouse behaviour in Control Panel and the driver appears (as does mine) to have no individual controls for the click action on the scroll wheel! So now I don't know why mine's even working, though I believe that the other 5 PCs running CAD all have a usable scroll click button!
Phil
Which mouse do you have? Have you installed the disk that came with the mouse? Pretty much every mouse will work to some extent without special drivers these days, but customizing behavior requires that you install software. Unfortunately MS software is notorious for causing screen issues with acad, and for slowing the computer to a crawl. That is why I recommended Logitech.
TheScullster wrote:

"Jerry G" wrote

Thanks Jerry
The mouse is a fancy affair from Dell with two buttons on the inside and a scroll wheel that can tilt to click either right or left.
Phil
The real question is not whose label is on the mouse, but who actually made it. Sometimes that is almost impossible to figure out. Also, the quality of the software that comes with the mouse is extremely variable.
If I were in your position I would certainly consider the possibility of replacing the mouse with a Logitech. The software that comes with the Logitech mice is extremely flexible with the ability to assign different functionality for different programs. In one program I set the tilting wheel to be F2 one way and F4 the other way since those are important frequently used buttons in that program. In acad I set the tilt wheel to ignore tilting since the tilt will interfere with scrolling if i don't press the wheel perfectly straight. Other buttons are set to ESC and ENTER since it reduces how often I have to reach for the keyboard.
TheScullster wrote:

Jerry G wrote:

I'll go one further and suggest a Logitech Trackman Marble. Been using them for ages. Takes a few days to get used to them but you will never go back. Also bought a Logitech MX1000 Laser recently to try get back to a normal mouse ...... it's wrapped up sitting in the roof and I'm back with the Track Ball. Oh yes, tapping the scroll wheel zooms to extents for me. Bernard.