double-click opens new Solidworks ?!?!

When I double-click a Solidworks file from Windows Explorer, a new instance of Solidworks opens every time. I've always expected the file to open within the instance of Solidworks already running.

This is a new Solidworks x64 installation in Win XP64. I've worked through the file associations and searched various forums to no avail. Anyone know how to get files to open in the Solidworks instance already running?

Thanks in advance!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Z

In Windows Exp, tools, folder options, general: do you have single or double-click checked on file selection mode?

Reply to
bill allemann

I have Win explorer set to double-click to open a file. Other software seems to work correctly--for example, the Solidworks DWGeditor opens new files within one instance of the program.

Richard ________________________

Reply to
Richard Z

hmmm.. mouse driver... maybe change to another driver to see if swx interprets the click correctly.

Reply to
bill allemann

"bill allemann" a écrit dans le message de news: u_FFh.3549$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net...

I do not think you got it. I understand Win opens a new instance of SW when double-clicking a SW file, even if there is already a SW open.

Right?

Soory, I have no cure for this.

Reply to
Jean Marc