SolidWorks 2005 'Open Dialog' Sort

Is there a way to set the Open Dialog to show 'Details' and sort by 'file type'or 'name' without having to go through the process of
manipulating the dialog settings each time?
This follows the settings for Windows Explorer. In Windows Explorer, set the folder option the way you want it, then go to tools, folder options, view, apply to all folders.
Nope... (annoying beeping sound) It doesn't work!!!
I closed SolidWorks, I set the windows explorer display folder options default for all folders to the following. Details, sort by file type. I open the "Open" dialog and it displays "List" in what seems to be sorted by "name". I change the SolidWorks Open dialog to "Details" and sort by file type and open a file. I then go back to the "Open" dialog and it's back to display "List".
Arrrrggggg! SolidWorks developers, please allow the Open dialog to allow for setting a default display .ie Details, Thumbnails, List and allow for sorting.
Tim
I am running windows XP SP2, SolidWorks 2005 SP2.
Sorry, you're right. What I was discussing only affects sort order.
A file operations dialog would be much more useful with a list and details, instead of that side-scrolling nonsense. While they're at it, how about adding a column for custom props, so we can sort by those instead of file names?
Somebody submit an enhancement request.
hear hear! (here here?)
I SO want to be able to see custom properties in Windows Explorer, especially 'Description' since it's really hard to know a part just by it's number!
Lee

Hello Lee-
A project I'm working on for one of my clients is sort of a workaround for this issue: A Microsoft Access Database: SolidWorks Files; Fields = SolidWorks Custom Properties, Preview Bitmaps of each file, Hyperlinks to each file, Dialog Boxes to sort by Fields.
Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com
message

file