Lost Acad 2008 DWG Folder association info

Somehow I've lost my association information from my Folders.

So when I double click on a DWG file in any Explorer window, the system is asking me to choose an applicaiton.

So I drill down and find my Acad 2008 EXE file and select it.

Fine... but NOW, if I have a file (or files open)... and then double click on another DWG file from an Explorer window, I get a New Session of Acad. So now I've two running.

My SDI variable is set to 0. So that's not the issue. I believe it's the Folder Association info for OPEN of a DWG file.

When I look under Tools --> Folder Options ---> File Types ---> DWG ---> Open, I have the following info:

"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2008\Acad.exe"

Can someone please post what their info is so I can see if mine is okay?

I tried to do a re-install of Acad 2008... but when I run the Install CD... the Continue button is grayed out after a few prompts so I cannot do an over-write install (and I'm a bit nervous about un-installing and re-installing as I'm not sure what will happen to all my settings, etc.).

Any thoughts appreciated.

brucef

Reply to
Mr. B

under the GENERAL tab you will see something like this

Aha!!! That is probably why... I've seen that... and figured that the system is screwed up and doesn't use Acad.exe...

I'll see if that solves things.

Thanks!

BruceF

Reply to
Mr. B

Aha!!! That is probably why... I've seen that... and figured that the system is screwed up and doesn't use Acad.exe...

I'll see if that solves things.

Thanks!

BruceF

Reply to
Mason

Nope... I didn't get it directly... via the NG's...

(:

BruceF

Reply to
Mr. B