Convert .sv$ to .dwg ?????

Help! What to do? I've tried a bunch of stuff and can't get the sv$ file to convert/rename to dwg. Using autocad 2002 & xp pro.
Thx Cliff K

Hi Cliff
What happens when you rename the files??
Is the folder they are stored in a read only folder?
Tim
Cliff, Drag the svs file onto your desk top. Right click and rename des ( or whatever you want)
Open command prompt (start/programs/accessories/ command prompt)
type the following cd desktop ren des des.dwg
The svs file will now change to a dwg file
HTH

Saves some typing in the command prompt. You would have to keep changing directories to get to your temp save file. For handiness I created a file on my desktop and named it Acad Autosaves,which I then made my default autosave location. Personal choice really. HTH -----

Do you have the file extensions showing in Windows Explorer when you are renaming them? If you don't see the .sv$ extension, then the extension will be preserved and you will actually end up with .dwg.sv$.

Hello Ian, No, I don't see the file extension in Windows Explorer. And yes, I'm getting .dwg.sv$. when trying to rename. What to do? Cliff
Open any explorer window, (such as opening "my computer"), click tools in the top menu, click folder options, view, in the box remove check mark by "hide extensions for known file types" apply, apply to all folders.
So how did you know they were .sv$ files if you can't see the extensions?
Cliff K wrote:

Because it is a "known file type" (to Windows), Windows has a descriptive name for it and this is shown in the next column.
--

Regards,

Ian A. White, CPEng.
A big thanks to ya too. Cliff K
Hey Jerry - Thx a million! That did it. Finally!

I assumed it was. In Windows Explorer, (View / Details) under the TYPE column, the description is: Autocad Autosave Drawing.

convert/rename