Open File Listing Not Sorted

Acad 2008...
This just started the other day... When I first open Autocad, and then go to open a file... my drawing Folder List is NOT sorted. I have to manually Right
Click and set the Arrange Icons by NAME. And then all is Okay until the next time I start up Acad.
Weird... I've never had this before and all my Folders are Sorted by Name (List view).
Anyone know WHY this is happening? Better yet... how to Fix this?
Not a major item... but it is a pain in the A**.
Thanks...
BruceF

Try changing the MAXSORT system variable at the command line. You may have just gone over the number of files set there. (I think it defaults to 200.)
Byron

I thought Maxsort only had to do with your Layers. Either way, my Maxsort is 1000... so that's not it.
Thanks anyways.
BruceF

Looks like the default pre-2004 was 200, then MAXSORT went to 1000. Yeah, if your file count doesn't exceed 1000 that's probably not the problem. This does affect the "Open" listing, also.
Almost sounds like a Windows issue... Good luck, Byron
As a Christian, I love God. I talk about God in church, at home, at work (when the conversation alludes to Him), and as much as I believe that God needs to be in our lives, becaise even He knows that we have lives, as he lets us live them according to our own wills, walking down our chosen paths. He knows that a carpenter needs to learn carpentry, and that a seamstress needs to learn to make clothing. Likewise, a designer of homes, or city thoroghfares, mechanical components, electronic circuit boards, need to learn their CAD software in order to maintain their professional abilities and stay competetive in their chosen occupations. This forum was intended for that purpose. So that each one of use who used designer software can benefit from the knowledge of the software we share with each other. I ask you, please, that you take this conversation to another group like "alt.bible" or "alt.religion" or many other newsgroups out there for this purpose. May you be praised for your scrutiny of God's word.
Bill DeShawn http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn
Apparently, this was meant for another thread...? ___

No. Look further up thread.

Nothing. Scrolled or removed, I guess. Ah, well... ___

Bill and all,
I do hope it's understood that this thread was hijacked by some kind of web-bot and the posts you see attributed to myself (and others) were NOT posted by me and do not contain my points of view on religion in any of its forms.
Regards, Byron
Thanks for explaining that to me....I was wondering what had happened.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

The message to which I am replying was not written by me. I don't know how somebody was able to forge this message, but they did. First of all I don't post this kind of message on this forum. Second, I don't know enough Holy Bible to put forth this information. Third, the author bore false witness against me by doing this in my name. Fourth, the author has no faith in the Lord himself, if he thinks the Lord wants him to lie about his identity in order to spread the Word.
Bill DeShawn http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

lol...and I thought you'd gone over the deep end, Bill.