Intellimouse Button

Does anyone know how I can program the scroll button to make it pan in
AutoCAD? I also have 2 buttons on the thumb side and would like to program
those too. When I go into the program it has an area to customize and when
I add the command name it tells me that it is not available.
Thanks,
-Rob
Reply to
Rob
Are you customizing the Intellimouse driver software or Autocad?
Reply to
tomcas
I was trying to modify this in the mouse driver. I really dont want to get into ADT's menu and button programming if I dont have to. Maybe there is a simpler way to modify in Acad.
Thanks, -Rob
Reply to
Rob
rob, did you get this settled?
I want to customize my scholl button so that it will pan when held down.
Reply to
jojo
still playing with it. There is an area in the settings that you can customize for software but not really sure how. It appears it will either do the pre-programmed commands or it will open a program etc... I really like my new mouse that can zoom in and out and right to left but I REALLY miss my pan button. Still open for ideas. I will update if I get it worked out.
-Rob
Reply to
Rob
yes, I went to my mouse software (in control panel) and set the middle button to "middle button" boom, I get pan.... now it I could get that zoom to work
Reply to
jojo
Properties, Button Tab, check Enable Program-Specific Button Settings, click on setting button. If Acad in not already in the Program list then click Add button, navigate to Acad folder and find the Acad executable. Usually this is found in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acadm 2004(or what ever version you have)and the file name is listed as Acad.exe
Reply to
tomcas