Intellimouse Button

Does anyone know how I can program the scroll button to make it pan in AutoCAD? I also have 2 buttons on the thumb side and would like to program those too. When I go into the program it has an area to customize and when I add the command name it tells me that it is not available.

Thanks,

-Rob

Reply to
Rob

Are you customizing the Intellimouse driver software or Autocad?

Reply to
tomcas

I was trying to modify this in the mouse driver. I really dont want to get into ADT's menu and button programming if I dont have to. Maybe there is a simpler way to modify in Acad.

Thanks,

-Rob

Reply to
Rob

rob, did you get this settled?

I want to customize my scholl button so that it will pan when held down.

Reply to
jojo

still playing with it. There is an area in the settings that you can customize for software but not really sure how. It appears it will either do the pre-programmed commands or it will open a program etc... I really like my new mouse that can zoom in and out and right to left but I REALLY miss my pan button. Still open for ideas. I will update if I get it worked out.

-Rob

Reply to
Rob

yes, I went to my mouse software (in control panel) and set the middle button to "middle button" boom, I get pan.... now it I could get that zoom to work

Reply to
jojo

Properties, Button Tab, check Enable Program-Specific Button Settings, click on setting button. If Acad in not already in the Program list then click Add button, navigate to Acad folder and find the Acad executable. Usually this is found in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acadm 2004(or what ever version you have)and the file name is listed as Acad.exe

Reply to
tomcas