button image gone

Hi, using AutoCAD 2006.
On several toolbars the button images are gone.
If you hover over the button, the tag still tells you it's function.
If you select the button, it still works, but the image will not display. these are on some buttons not all buttons. I have looked to see that the image is still in it's original folder. Have not made any recent changes or modifications.
jojo

Custom toolbar?
For at least a decade this has been pretty common with toolbars made through the easy on-screen user interface. I'm not sure why this is. If the toolbar was created through a menu file, it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem.

....so I made menu files to create my important toolbars //mb

They were actually made prior to the "easy interface" using menus. This menu was created several years ago.
I have resolved the issue, although I don't know how exactly. I went to the "easy interface" and found the path for one button icon and clicked on it. Suddenly, all the button images appeared and all was back to normal.
sigh.
jojo