Intralink text size

Anyone know if there is a way to increase the textsize in intra-link?
with my resolution set at 1600 x 1200 I'm having difficulty reading the
intra-link text. Proe's text will change with my desktop settings in the display control panel, but intralink is unaffected by it. I can't find any setting for it in the documentation. I have a hard time believing I'm the only one squinting to read the info in the intralink windows.....maybe I'm getting too old.
we run wildfire 2 with intralink 3.3
according to PTC support - it is not possible in intralink 3.x.
crap...anyone know of a round about way of changing text size? Like finding a template file or xml or that intralink uses where I could change the size?
<DIV>crap...anyone know of a round about way of changing text size?&nbsp; Like<BR>finding a template file or xml or that intralink uses where I could<BR>change the size?<BR></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond>The thing that could be disconcerting to most Windows users is how <STRONG>little </STRONG>is configurable in Intralink. From the interface standpoint, there's <FONT color=#ff0000><STRONG><EM><U>nothing!!!!!</U></EM></STRONG>&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT><FONT color=#000000>Within the menus, there's only Table Views and Options which is related to Table Views. So, it lets you control columns, sort order and what gets filtered out and for each of the many functions.</FONT></FONT></DIV><FONT face=Garamond></FONT></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond>However, it's a Java-based program; maybe there's some hook in through Jlink. Or, maybe, as with most Admin-heavy programs (and since this front-ends Oracle, it's professional city), the trick is in the installation. Are you the Admin (if so, and you're asking us, you're in <STRONG><EM>really</EM></STRONG> sad shape)? If not, make fast friends with whoever is. Interface issues are configurable at installation or not at all, at least not without writing a special program.</FONT><FONT face=Garamond></FONT></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond>Luckily, Java is the original, strictly GUI programming language. You'd expect it to be font-friendly. More than likely, PTC just decided to go cheap on the interface config issues.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond>Have you tried the simple, obvious things, like changing screen resolution, which will definitely get you larger text? Most of us geriatric cases get the glasses (yeah, thanks for rubbin' it in, shaun) and use larger fonts and just <FONT color=#ff0000><STRONG><EM>lean into the screen!!!</EM></STRONG></FONT><FONT color=#000000> Sorry, can't be any more 'help' than that.</FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV>-- <BR>David Janes</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
Thanks Dave, Yeah, I've tried the larger font settings, they don't affect intralink. I really don't want to give up the desktop real estate, so Ive been avoiding the lower resoutions....funny the Proe fontsize changes when you change the desktop fontsizes in the display control panel....Intralink doesn't.
I have to admit, while all other windows programs increase fontsizes with changes in the display control panel, lately I've been wishing that the toolbars could be increased in size as well. It's more of an issue when I'm working late to meet a deadline. I'd like to be able to increase the tool bars in all applicaitons...excel, word, proe, autocad....everything....Getting old sucks.
Mike K.
<DIV>........</DIV> <DIV>I have to admit, while all other windows programs increase fontsizes<BR>with changes in the display control panel, lately I've been wishing<BR>that the toolbars could be increased in size as well.&nbsp; It's more of an<BR>issue when I'm working late to meet a deadline.&nbsp; I'd like to be able to<BR>increase the tool bars in all applicaitons...excel, word, proe,<BR>autocad....everything....Getting old sucks.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond>It's just the transitions that suck and they suck more and more as you get older. Face it! We're 'getting old' from the day we're born!f</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond>As to the geriatric eyes (arms not long enough, huhn!?!), you may have an easy dilemma for Windows to answer. Of course, it depends on your operating system; mine's XP and on the Windows Appearance page (RMB 'Properties', pick the Appearance tab. Immediately</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">, </FONT><FONT face=Garamond>whatever Windows and buttons style you pick, you can set the Font size to 'Large Fonts'. Then, to fix everything, pick the Advanced button. That gets you all the configurable font settings, for any situation, in Windows. You can do the borders (with font settings), and Menus and Icons and Message boxes, etc. All have font type/size selections ~ everything surrounding the text in the window.&nbsp;But, if&nbsp;the text in the window is&nbsp;not configurable within the program&nbsp;(out of&nbsp;negligence, bovine dullness, laziness or greedy cheapness) it&nbsp;is&nbsp;<STRONG><EM>not</EM></STRONG>, sadly, configurable. Period. And the superintelligent Intralink resists even screen resultion changes (at the adapter/machine level). Oooohhh, that&nbsp;<STRONG><EM><U>IS</U></EM></STRONG> smart!!!!!!! If I were a primative, I'd be prostrate with awe and reverence, instead of Modern Man irate. I wonder how the superintelligent programmers of Pro/e\Intralink, with all the advantages of an enlightened education (and Asimov's <EM>I Robot)</EM> could have missed this. Ahhh, the Arrogance of Monopoly.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Times New Roman">-- <BR>David Janes</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
Hi
Try this - it has been cut from the pro user forum
NielsC
------------------------------------------------------ Before launching Intralink, set the environment variable "luknfeel" to one of the following values:
* Metal * Motif * Windows (default on a windows machine)
like this:
c:\ptc\intralink\bin> set luknfeel=Metal c:\ptc\intralink\bin> intralink.bat
On my screen (1280 x 1024) the login menu fonts using the Windows setting are 8 pixels high. Using the Metal or Motif settings, the same fonts are 9 pixels high.... That's a 12.5% increase in font size and is noticeable. Note that this also changes how all the windows and buttons look. ------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
Excuse me, one stupid question: where exactly one puts the said "luknfeel" environment variable in Windows XP? I'm not familiar in setting environment variables. Is it some file where one enters the the two lines: c:\ptc\intralink\bin> set luknfeel=Metal c:\ptc\intralink\bin> intralink.bat of what is it, where one enters these? Any clarification appreciated. Thanks.
- Jarkko -

Hi
You can set it generally by using, Windows ControlPanel, System Properties, Advanced tab, envinronment variables (button just above <ok>) User variables + New
Variable Name: luknfeel Variable Value: Metal
Or make a bat file that add the command "set luknfeel=Metal" before calling the intralink.bat file You could also edit the intralink startup file by right click and edit on the desktop ant the add this line to the file
set luknfeel=Metal (and make a <enter/return>)
Problem is - everytime you run ptcsetup you will have to add the line again
Let me know if it helped NielsC

Thanks Niels! I used the Metal setting. Added the line in the intralink launch batch job. The one size up is more readable....I'd go another size up if I could, but it's very helpful.
In case anyone else is wondering, I just right clicked on the intralink launch icon and selected "edit". That opens the launch batch job in notepad. I just added the line: set luknfeel=Metal
I put it right after the "cls" command and then saved.
By the way, if you start intralink (on a Windows system) from an icon in your start menu you can also right click on it in the menu instead of left clicking and you should get the same pop-up menu with "edit" as one of the selection.
Thanks again Niels....my failing eyes thank you too! Krullmi