parameters and drawings

I 'm a self taught user of Pro/E WF.i read some some Ebooks about Pro/E.I'd like to customise my drawing files, using the parameters.So I stored all my parameters in my startparts.When i draw a part or an assembly ,I normally compile the parameters ;but when I create my drawing,the parameters are not compiled ....what 's the matter???The parameters are stored in the formats and in the templates too ,so Pro/E should be able to indentify them.. Edoardo

Reply to
edoardo fiorani

I think, if I get where you're coming from, that you need to set the config option, make_parameters_from_fmt_tables, to YES. It sounds like you have a bunch of parameters in format tables or format notes and they are not "picking up" the values from the part/assembly parameters. That is because they are not yet parameters in the drawing. You could create a separate set of drawing parameters in your drawing template. If they have the same name as the part/assembly parameters, they should pick up those values. Setting the config option is a shortcut to that process. In any case, the drawing doesn't automatically have some parameters just because the part/assembly does.

BTW, the whole issue of Pro/e parameters is complicated by the fact that PTC, once again, "counter-intuitively" simplified parameter creation by making them all LOCAL. Except for system parameters, all 'User defined' parameters are local to where they were created. These are the system parameters for drawings, available in 'Help' under the following: C:\\html\usascii\proe\detail\system_parameters_for_drawings.htm

Reply to
David Janes

check the " DTL " file

Reply to
raj

i've checked my "DIN.DTL" ,but the problem hasn't benn solved yet.Althought I configured my config.pro ,following the advice of the David Janes ,the Great,nothing changed....why??? edoardo

"raj" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
edoardo fiorani

"edoardo fiorani" wrote in message news:43ce766d$0$1071$ snipped-for-privacy@reader2.news.tin.it...

i've checked my "DIN.DTL" ,but the problem hasn't benn solved yet.Althought I configured my config.pro ,following the advice of the David Janes ,the Great,nothing changed....why??? edoardo

It's possible that David Janes, the Great, misunderstood you, given the absolute paucity of information provided. Perhaps you could provide an example or a hint of what you did or even, what you expect and why. Perhaps you could tell us what it means when you say you "compile parameters", a term and operation which we can only (and did) guess at. FYI, when you call PTC Helpline, they ask a lot of questions. It's OK because you're live and online. Here, if you make us do this like pulling teeth ~ painfully, slowly, one tooth, one fragment of a tooth, at a time ~ instead of telling us your story in as much detail as would be helpful to understanding the problem...well, it only drags out the process. So, best to tell us right off without making us beat, beg, wheedle, cajole it out of you. It's better for all concerned: better for you because you get good answers quickly; and better for DJ, the Great, because the bile doesn't rise in his throat. His cohorts, too, are all pleased at an entertaining, enlightening, enlivening story. Anyway, Sir, we are tired of guessing what the lazy mean by their illiterate babblings. We DEMAND thorough, rigorous, thoughtful explanations: if one wishes to see a group of people presenting (and answering) problems intelligibly, literately and intelligently, check out comp.cad.solidworks. They are voluble, possibly to the point of loquaciousness, but well-intentioned words are never wasted. And their many helpful words help form a community. What does cheapness in words buy us!?! Seeker beware: you get what you pay for! GIGO=FUBAR

David Janes, the Low (sole voice and interpreter of 'the Great')

Reply to
David Janes

Dear David, you are a very cool person .I consider you " Great " because in my own opinion,you knows pro/e better than many others.I've started studing Pro/e by my selfat the ending of 2004.Reading your emails, i discovered many topics that are not discussed in Pro/E Manuals.If John Paul II is called " Great".....BTW I don't want to waste the time. i configured my Config .pro folowing your advice but nothing changed.My Parmaters(Description,Drawe_name,Revision_Name ,revision_Level and so on) aren't recognized by the program and they don't appear in the format of my drawings.I checked also the "dtl file" but without any results....... yours edoardo