exporting to dwg and questions about modeling

Hello.

My first question is this... Is it possible in pro/e to create, for example, a pipe of some diameter and lenght, and then dril a circular hole on the side of this pipe AND THEN get the planar surfice of this pipe...it would be a quadratic surfice with pipe thichnes and one elipse. Anyway, this is just an example. Hope you understand what I mean. Is it possible to have a part taht is made out of plates that are twisted in some way, and then form that create the planar plate taht will be cut out, on plazma cutter, for example?

Second question: Is there a way to export the pro/E drawing in dwg file, but in a specific scale, meybe 1:1. Do if someone has tu re-edit taht dwg file, he could draw something in it, add dimesnions and so on.

Thanks.

p.s. I'm using pro E Wildfire 2.0

Reply to
dugave_11
  1. Yes, but I think you are misusing "quadratic". You mean a flat pattern, right?

  1. Yes

Search the web. Tutorials abound.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Extrude a cylidrical surface, trim a hole and do 'Insert>Advanced>Flatten quilt' or use Sheetmetal, extrude a sheetmetal wall, cylindrical, not quite

360 degrees, put a hole in it and do 'Flat Pattern'.

Do 'Save a copy', pick dwg as the Type

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

...it would be a quadratic surfice with pipe

It's dah(!!!) surface of the hole, through the mat'l dats Quadratic (y=f(x)^2). Itdbe moreovan quad-conic surf. Yer, slicein & dicein a cone w/ two offset planes. Yoube(40) lokkin atdah surf between da planes. Different radii, rem: its da minor axis dats = cone rad.

Seeinzbeleevin. Vizulizedah(!!!)prob. GA

Jeff Howard wrote:

Reply to
Fork Road

Fergotaadd: Upttha minor axis. then it mirror itself ondeothaside.

Reply to
Fork Road

Thanks for all the anwsers. So far, I didnt manage to do what I want. :(

Quadratic Quilt seems to work only on surfaces.

Let me try to explain again what I need to do. I design some part (for example a pipe with one hole in it), that is later made in the folowing way: A planar plate of steel is cut on plazma cutter. One side of this plate has to measure 2r*pi, and the other has to be the lenght of the pipe. Also, one whole is made in this plate - it has the shape of ellipse. Now, this planar plate is bent so that it makes a pipe, and then it's welded so it stays like this. The hole that was onse ellipse becomes a circrle in which, for example, another pipe can be put in and welded.

This is just an example. I design a lot of parts that are later fabricated in this way. It would be nice if I could give to the production line the drawing of the steel plate that has to be cut in order to create the part by bending this, once planar, plate. I would like to model the part like I alwas do, and then make it flat. Can pro/E do this?

About exporting drawings to dwg (AutoCad). I know how to do this, what I ask is how to make this .dwg file be in scale of 1:1. Some of you said that this can be done, and that I could find some tutorial on the net - I will certainly try.

Thanks again.

Reply to
dugave_11

"The hole that was onse ellipse becomes a circrle in which, for example, another pipe can be put in and welded.

Rememsba dis: Da major axis, ondainside, becomes a wedge, smalla chordal dist. Asumin da holeiz normal tada pipe axis, da sides ahda pipe atda minor dia'll be perp tada axis. Da inner surf ahda hole'll tapper in tada center ahda hole azits bent. Da eliptical hole woodneetabee bigga den planned. Besta reverse engineeas da part as suggested by DJ.

GA

Reply to
Fork Road

mmmmm sorta.

See if ...

is any help.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

The feature comparisons in the second attachment should help. All that's missing is a comparison of the hole as sheetmetal class cut using driving and offset surface options and how they differ. That should be no problem for the novice.

If dugave_11 graduates and learns which big words matter, k-factor for instance, there should be no problem determining that Pro/E will readily support the design intent whatever it is.

Is the conehead on Thorazine responding to a different discussion?

Reply to
walnut sprinkles

Sprinkleyernutswit itchin powder ya slicea wondabread biggot!!!

Reply to
Fork Road