Exporting Solidworks 2004 to AutoCAD

When I export a solidworks drawing to Autocad the views disappear. My vendor send me solidworks drawing which I open in Solidworks without the referenced 3D models. I can see the views in solidworks but when I export to AutoCAD the views disappear. Is it necessary to have the 3D models open when exporting to AutoCAD? Is there a way around this? I can export to PDF but that is not my end goal.

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
rickree

Are the views maybe draft quality? I know there is a problem with printing drawings with draft quality views and maybe it's affecting your situation.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

No I do not believe the views are draft quality. Everytime I try and save as a dwg solidworks will report an error that solidworks is unable to locate the model in question and then asks if I want to locate it. The problem is I don't have the file/model reference in question. I just have the drawing. SolidWorks will then save the file but not transfer any view that doesn't have a model attached to it.

Reply to
rickree

I think SW drawings have to refernce the model to translate to DWG. This would be especially true if the model were draft quality. In draft, the 2D geometry is a faceted approximation. Without reference to the model it wouldn't know the radius of a corner, or many other things.

Can you dimension radii ??

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg