From autoCad to inventor

I get a lot of 3d models in AutoCAD 2005 that I want to use in Inventor 9. But is it possible to convert AutoCAD 3D models into Inventor ? When I just try to open the *.DWG file in Inventor there come only a empty sketch.

Is it at all possible to open 3d models, that are maked in AutoCAD, in Inventor ?

/Jesper Hansen

Reply to
<someone

You have to export the dwg to a STEP or IGES file. Try command: stepout or Try command: igesout

Works like a charm

Reply to
keithknow

also you can export as acis (Command: acisout)

Inventor and Autocad both use derivations of the same modeling kernal based on ACIS

jimB

-------------------------------------------- my SPAM defense: Replace all the X's in email address with M

Reply to
jimb