From autoCad to inventor

I get a lot of 3d models in AutoCAD 2005 that I want to use in Inventor 9. But is it possible to convert AutoCAD 3D models into Inventor ? When I just try to open the *.DWG file in Inventor there
come only a empty sketch.
Is it at all possible to open 3d models, that are maked in AutoCAD, in Inventor ?
/Jesper Hansen
You have to export the dwg to a STEP or IGES file. Try command: stepout or Try command: igesout
Works like a charm
On 31 May 2005 09:52:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

also you can export as acis (Command: acisout)
Inventor and Autocad both use derivations of the same modeling kernal based on ACIS
jimB -------------------------------------------- JimB -------------------------------------------- my SPAM defense: Replace all the X's in email address with M