Inventor to Solidworks

Is there a way to convert an Inventor part file to Solidworks part file? Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
billyb

Depending on the version of Inventor you can open the part file with Solid Works. You can save the inventor file as .sat and open that with Solid Works. You can do the same thing going from Solid Works to Inventor. or AutoCAD.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

I haven't done these translations with Inventor, but have a couple questions.

Given the number of formats available, is the .sat (ACIS, which SolidWorks owns) preferable over IGES, STEP and other formats?

Has SolidWorks specifically make .sat/ACIS work better?

In all cases the imported geometry comes in as a single solid body, so the primary question is likely the accuracy of the translation. I'm wondering if there is some reliable source of information on these translations as a general guide?

Bo

Reply to
Bo

I would use parasolid, because it's the SW core, but the result is pretty much the same I guess: just geometry without features...unless you have FeatureWorks that helps a bit.

br Markku

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

I haven't done these translations with Inventor, but have a couple questions.

Given the number of formats available, is the .sat (ACIS, which SolidWorks owns) preferable over IGES, STEP and other formats?

Has SolidWorks specifically make .sat/ACIS work better?

In all cases the imported geometry comes in as a single solid body, so the primary question is likely the accuracy of the translation. I'm wondering if there is some reliable source of information on these translations as a general guide?

Bo

you could probably check the dimensions on on object.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242