How to buy old versions of Solidworks

I've got an older machine with 512MB of RAM and a 900Mhz processor. I am looking to purcahse an older version of solidworks, preferrably
Soldiworks 99, 2000 or 2001. I've searched on ebay and Amazon but only Soldiworks 2007 onwards is available for sale. Any suggestions on how I can get the older versions?
Buy a company that owns a seat that old. But it might be cheaper to buy a faster machine and buy a current version.
TOP
If you buy a current version I am sure your VAR can find an older one for you to install.. They useually have all versions in some kind of archive.
I dont think you buy a certain version, but instead you buy the program and can request whatever version you want.
You can't actually buy the software. You are buying a license that gives you the right to use the software within the terms of the license.
I'm surprised to hear that SW2007 is available on eBay and Amazon. Most CAD software licenses specify that the license is not transferable. Their "software police" monitor eBay and jerk any listings of their product.
You will probably have to rely on word-of-mouth to find software that old.

TOP,
That was my comment on another board to this same question. :)
Matt Lorono http://sw.fcsuper.com http://www.fcsuper.com/swblog
TOP wrote:

So Solidworks licenses are not transferable, even to another company?

correct.
The only way a SW license may transfer is if it belongs to a company, and that company is purchased.
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:53:04 -0700 (PDT), That70sTick

You can get a company bought license transferred to the owner of the company if the company ceases functioning. I know because I did it.
Vaishnav, I am running SW 2007 on an old Dell Inspiron 2500; it has 512MB RAM and I think it is running at about 600mhz; it is not "fast" but performance is acceptable.
vvurd