Solidworks to Inventor

Probably a dumb question, but;
Is there any way to take solidworks part files, and bring them into Inventor, and still retain some sort of history/parametric data? I am
unfamiliar with Inventor, and the Inventor user wants to be able to modify some of my solidworks files.
P.S. I don't want to hear no Spaceclaim propaganda, because that is out of the question for now.
No.
It is 3D CAD industry practice to make sure that history is not portable between systems. Geometry frequently is, but not history/features. It is also frequently true that 3D CAD files are frequently not backwards compatible within a given vendor's system.
TOP
Well shucks, then maybe you need to try out the new Solidedge with Synchronous Technologies then or perhaps UG with the same thing. ;-)
As TOP said, no one offers direct import into other systems and maintain the history.
Steve wrote:

Thanks guys!
I am just a surface modeler, hence the dumb parametric question. I would much rather fill holes in faces and rebuild things my own way anyway... Keep the parametrics far away from me. Unfortunately I got roped into a project with the engineers.

They can download a cheezy feature recognition add-in from Autodesk. It will probably work as well as your native parametrics given your aversion.

Then he should use solidworks to modify with.
Bob
Yes Autodesk Labs created a program add in for Inventor that allows you to drag and drop Solid Works Files directly into Inventor it works pretty good all the features are recofnized...it may be called Feature Recognition for Inventor or it may be something for Solid Works alone I have the program downloaded somewhere and could send it to you if you let me know where. Go to www.autodeslabs.com and search for it there. You can also use it for step files and iges files and it will recognize all of the feature in those also so your not stuck with a dummy part... Jason

Analytic features only. Others need not apply. Simpleton.