Exporting .dwg file to a bmp

HI
Can anybody explain to me step-by-step what I need to do to save autocad file dwg to a bmp file. When I attempt to use the bmpout command
it does create a bmp file but it's empty, and I still don't understnad how this command works. It says "select objects" but even if I press Cntr-A it still does not do anything except crete an empty bmp-file
Thanks in advance
Sebastian
You need to select a window, just as you would in any other selection in AutoCAD.
HI
Can anybody explain to me step-by-step what I need to do to save autocad file dwg to a bmp file. When I attempt to use the bmpout command it does create a bmp file but it's empty, and I still don't understnad how this command works. It says "select objects" but even if I press Cntr-A it still does not do anything except crete an empty bmp-file
Thanks in advance
Sebastian
You need to actually select the objects, as the message says. Use you mouse to 'window' over the items you wish to include in the bmp file.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (InterKOT) wrote:

I read this with interest. I have been trying to do the same kind of thing with a rendered image and then open it in Paint Shop Pro (As far as I am aware also part of the Autodesk family).
However, when the picture opens in PSP, it just shows the line drawing and not the rendering.
How can I keep the rendering in the BMP?
Richard
(InterKOT) wrote:

To save a rendered image, you have to either RENDER it to a file; or do a screen save, import the clipboard to a raster grqphics program and save to your favorite graphics format. ___

It's a fairly versatile method. You can even re-import the rendered images (IMAGE command) to include them in your drawings, if you want to. Just be sure you're using a plotter that's 'raster friendly'. ___

Is that a plotter that has dreadlocks?
(Just a joke) DJE

in
It's also in the help file. Search the index
Ken

Richard Hawley wrote:

If you are using PSP, why not just use the Capture utility in PSP?

The BMP is not very efficient when it comes to compression.
If you are saving a rendering, why not use JPG? Although it is NOT a loss-less algorithm, it is fine for most uses.
For < 256 colors GIF (albeit an old method) is very good at keeping the file size down. YMMV.
HTH,
--
Bill Cochell (lose the _TUDE_ to reply directly)

"Don't you see what it's like in this deranged Waring Blender of
For some reason AutoCAD won't save in a JPG form it gives DWG type files and BMP only

thing
and
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:53:41 +0100, "Richard Hawley"

It won't SAVE to a Jpeg but it will PLOT to Jpeg once you've created a suitable plot configuration.
John B
johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.

No.
In Autocad 14..... Tools/Display Image/Save/BMP. as simple as that Good luck Guido De angelis
InterKOT wrote:

Yes but it sounds like he's done that in another way. BMPOUT is the same as going to the menus and calling up the routine. You might be getting an empty file if your trying to do this from paperspace. You'll have to be in model space, and unfortunately, won't get your paperspace information.
An alternate to this that I use, slower, and not great resolution, is to do a print preview, ctrl alt prtscreen, whatever is on the screen, open up paint, then paste. Couple of notes, depending on the size of the drawings, you'll have to do it in sections. This is because whatever you see on the screen in terms of clarity, will be captured into the bmp file, so if you require clarity for faxing, etc. zoom in as close as you can and capture.
Hope this helps.
Scott.

Cntr-A