Exporting .dwg file to a bmp

HI

Can anybody explain to me step-by-step what I need to do to save autocad file dwg to a bmp file. When I attempt to use the bmpout command it does create a bmp file but it's empty, and I still don't understnad how this command works. It says "select objects" but even if I press Cntr-A it still does not do anything except crete an empty bmp-file

Thanks in advance

Sebastian

Reply to
InterKOT

Can anybody explain to me step-by-step what I need to do to save autocad file dwg to a bmp file. When I attempt to use the bmpout command it does create a bmp file but it's empty, and I still don't understnad how this command works. It says "select objects" but even if I press Cntr-A it still does not do anything except crete an empty bmp-file

Thanks in advance

Sebastian

Reply to
<Newsmanager

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

I read this with interest. I have been trying to do the same kind of thing with a rendered image and then open it in Paint Shop Pro (As far as I am aware also part of the Autodesk family).

However, when the picture opens in PSP, it just shows the line drawing and not the rendering.

How can I keep the rendering in the BMP?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Hawley

To save a rendered image, you have to either RENDER it to a file; or do a screen save, import the clipboard to a raster grqphics program and save to your favorite graphics format. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

It's a fairly versatile method. You can even re-import the rendered images (IMAGE command) to include them in your drawings, if you want to. Just be sure you're using a plotter that's 'raster friendly'. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Is that a plotter that has dreadlocks?

(Just a joke) DJE

Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis

If you are using PSP, why not just use the Capture utility in PSP?

The BMP is not very efficient when it comes to compression.

If you are saving a rendering, why not use JPG? Although it is NOT a loss-less algorithm, it is fine for most uses.

For < 256 colors GIF (albeit an old method) is very good at keeping the file size down. YMMV.

HTH,

Reply to
Bill Cochell

No.

Reply to
CW

Reply to
Richard Hawley

It won't SAVE to a Jpeg but it will PLOT to Jpeg once you've created a suitable plot configuration.

John B

johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.

Reply to
john

It's also in the help file. Search the index

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Reply to
Guido De Angelis

Yes but it sounds like he's done that in another way. BMPOUT is the same as going to the menus and calling up the routine. You might be getting an empty file if your trying to do this from paperspace. You'll have to be in model space, and unfortunately, won't get your paperspace information.

An alternate to this that I use, slower, and not great resolution, is to do a print preview, ctrl alt prtscreen, whatever is on the screen, open up paint, then paste. Couple of notes, depending on the size of the drawings, you'll have to do it in sections. This is because whatever you see on the screen in terms of clarity, will be captured into the bmp file, so if you require clarity for faxing, etc. zoom in as close as you can and capture.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
SW