db Connect

Does anyone have experience with dbConnect. I have been experimenting and have found problems updating info from Access. I have found that Attached Labels (Labels attached to blocks or things) are updating (AutoCad v.2001i) or "Reloading" but Freestanding Labels do not update or reload. And if I modify the Label template for Freestanding Labels, I get an error that suggests there is no link to the database even though that is false.

The only work around I have found is reinserting labels that have new info. This basically defeats the purpose.

AutoDesk web sight sort of suggests that field names with spaces could be the problem. And another possible problem is that a field name can not contain a huge list of SQL commands. That seems crazy.

Please help

Paul

Reply to
Paul M

I haven't fooled with dbConnect at all, so I have no idea if this would be helpful, but field names with spaces must be enclosed in brackets when passing SQL strings through ADO. (Might be worth trying, if applicable.)

Reply to
TomD