old Palm Pilot Pro as touchscreen for mini-book PC ?

I've got an old Palm Pilot Pro that I've been thinking about using as a cheap touch-screen interface for my ER1 robot. I'm currently using a mini-book computer for the bot, so having a small touch screen (the palm) hooked up to the serial port would be great.

I'm looking for existing software for the Palm that would enable me to send commands to the Palm from the PC to build a touch screen of various configurations, then read the x,y info sent back to the PC, probably by querying the Palm when the PC wanted input.

Basically what I want is a cheaper version of the touch screen kit found at :

Their price is actually pretty good for the kit, but I was hoping to recycle the old Palm Pro that nobody wants anymore, not even on eBay at a bargain!

Does anyone know of any existing software like this? I can always role my own, but I'd have to reload CodeWarrior on my machine and do the development thang, which I'd rather not do since I've already got enough on my software writing plate for the moment. ;-) [ pretty lazy, huh? ]

-- J.C.Deen

JCD

PPRK Palm Pilot Robot Kit. Software and instructions, all for free.

Reply to
Jim Anderson

Thanks for the help, guys! I'll check both of these out! JCDeen

Reply to
JCD