3d plots

I am currently using AutoCAD 2002 and cannot seem to get the results I want. When in paper space, I have 4 viewports open. Front, top, and side views plus an isometric view. I would like to hide the hidden lines on the iso view, or on all views, selectively. I do not seem to be able to find the command to do this. In model space the hide command works well, but how do I set this up on paper space? It seems to be beyond my abilities. Can anyone help me?

I have seen the "hide" spot on the plot window, but it seems not to work when I have multiple viewports open.

Thanks for any responses, Rick Crawford, Engineering Rafter Lazy C

Reply to
Rick Crawford

Use the Hideplot option of the Mview command. When plotting from a layout tab, do not check the "Hide objects" box. It applies hiding to paperspace objects and will not give the expected results.

John B

johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.

Reply to
john

As john says Hideplot is the command you want. Although it might not show on the screen, as long as the hideplot option has been changed to read 'Yes' it will plot ok.

I usually access it my highlighting the viewport I want in paperspace then activating the Properties dialog box and it's at the bottom of the list. If you don't highlight a viewport though it doesn't appear in the dialog box.

Weird!

John - further in my request to have the outlines included on my rendered drawing (You were kind enough to give me some pointers), Autodesk have told me it isn't possible. If I had AutoCAD 2004 I can change layers to semi-transparent which would solve the problem.

The magazine I saw this in says they have to put the image into a graphics program and 'draw over the top'.

So I'm trying to get a good BMP export into my graphics program to try another way.

If I succeed, I'll post an explanation on here.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Hawley

If you still want to render with added outlines, go to

and check out the free beta version of Penguin from NcNeel. I've just had a look at the user guide and it looks like what you want.