Beginner scaling - please help

Hi everyone!
First Dimension scale, than Plot scale in Page Setup, and finally scaling option of zoom.
I have no idea how to get the drawing in right scale.
No matter which scale I select in Page setup, drawing always looks the same. When I use zoom - scale - 1/100xp (I'm trying to get 1:100) it looks too small.
Please explain how to get the right scale. I'm using decimal units, centimeters. So if I want scale 1:100, in Page setup 1:10 should work. But, like I said, no matter what, it always looks the same. Am I using zoom the wrong way (model, or layout), and how dimension scale fits in all that?
Also, how to use the same drawing to get two layouts, one in 1:100, and one in 1:50 but to keep text and dimension in the same size?
Thanks in advance.
As for "page setup" create your title blocks at 1:1 and insert it into paper space. Paper space should be at a scale of 1:1 in the page setup. Now right click near the toolbars and make sure that the layers toolbar is on. Now that you have a paper space page at 1:1, select the create viewport icon in the layers toolbar. Viewports literally bridge paper space and model space. So now that you have a page, and as many viewports as you can fit/wish go right ahead and double click inside one. Now if you look at the layer toolbar again you are sure to see a decimal number or something to that like. Click on the decimal number and you will see some standard scales come down. Select your scale and enjoy!
Note: Make sure to put your viewports on a separate layer that does not plot or the view port will show on plots.
Dimensioning like how you say is rather difficult with one style. I would just create a new dimension style for every plot scale. All you have to do is copy one you have already made go into the setting and change the scale of the text. That is the easiest way.
Hope this helps. Chris
Thanks, it did. Except I used viewports toolbar instead of layers (doesn't even exist in my Acad 2002)
Just one more question.
Still, if I want scale 1:100, I must select 1:10 since I'm drawing in centimeters, and Acad works with millimeters. Right (it looks right)?
put the viewports on the defpoints layer
Chris Gyotar wrote:

Why defpoints layer? Why not its own layer such as "viewport" and set it not to plot?

paper
on.
icon
the
plot
would
do
scale
Why make more work... defpoints dont print.... and putting them on defpoints is sort of an industry standard.
George B wrote:

Industry standard !? Yea, OK. In what industry is creating a new layer a lot of work.

into
Now
is
viewport
model
can
look at

something to

standard
not
have to

Before the advent of non-printing layers DEFPOINTS was the most idiot-proof way of hiding the viewports edges, so putting them there has become quite common. Anybody who knows me knows how little appeal the concept of an "industry standard" has for me- "common practice" might be a better choice of words.....but then have you seen the state of "common practice" in CAD?
How do you spell "atrocious"? >: P
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

it
setup.
and
you
style.

.....or sued, and they probably will be.
No reason. You can put it on it's own layer if you want but defpoints is already there and doesn't plot so why not use it? Personally, I try to minimize the amount of layers. Lots of people use what I see as an extreme amount of layers. It's not necessary and just adds bulk to the drawing.

Now
viewport
model
at