SCALE 3.000 vs SCALE 3

How do I get WF3 to let me change the number of digits in the SCALE text? I've tried right clicking/properties, but do not get the same options as if it were a regular dimension.

Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

How do I get WF3 to let me change the number of digits in the SCALE text? I've tried right clicking/properties, but do not get the same options as if it were a regular dimension.

Do &SCALE[.1] to give you a single, rounded decimal place of data. Do &SCALE[.2] for 2 decimal places, etc.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

You should be aware of the view_scale_format setting in your .dtl file.

Reply to
John Wade

On 15 May, 19:47, Bruce wrote: > How do I get WF3 to let me change the number of digits in the SCALE > text? I've tried right clicking/properties, but do not get the same > options as if it were a regular dimension. >

You should be aware of the view_scale_format setting in your .dtl file.

Good point. I typically use ratio_colon as it's closer to a fractional scale.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks! ..... It's been a rough transition from i^2, where things were more intuitive and straightforward.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

.... No no no... it's Wildfire that's more intuitive and straightforward

Reply to
graminator

On May 16, 7:36 am, Bruce wrote: > David Janes wrote: >

.... No no no... it's Wildfire that's more intuitive and straightforward

Six months after starting a new rev, every one of them's been 'intuitive' (because I knew it and didn't feel like a klutz anymore) which leads me to conclude that 'intuitive' is what are after you've learned what you shouldn't have had to learn had 'intuitiveness' anything at all to do with learning software. It doesn't, forget about it, it's a new rev, you're a newbie again and will be until you learn the new stuff. You're just not as much a newbie as someone who's never done engineering, design or solid modeling before.

Cold comfort? Can't be helped, think lifelong learning!

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...

(because I knew it and didn't feel like a klutz anymore) which leads me to conclude that 'intuitive' is what are after you've learned what you shouldn't have had to learn had 'intuitiveness' anything at all to do with learning software. It doesn't, forget about it, it's a new rev, you're a newbie again and will be until you learn the new stuff. You're just not as much a newbie as someone who's never done engineering, design or solid modeling before.

I must be getting old. 2 years of WF2 & I still reckon I'm 20% slower than I was on 2001...

I like some of the tools, just not those they hired to design the interface.

Reply to
John Wade

They should have offered a button labeled "Use Pre-Wildfire Scheme" for the menus, like they did for the display settings! Those new display settings are hard on the eyes! I have set up a mapkey to set them back as soon as I start the application.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce