New layer visibility in paper space

To all:

I am using paper space more and more to produce my drawings. It works quite well except for one thing. When I create new layers and draw objects on them, they appear in ALL my paper space viewports! I can use the VPLAYER command to freeze these layers, but this can be a real pain, especially with multiple layout tabs.

EXISTING layers can be configured to automatically be frozen in NEW viewports, but I need the reverse. Is there a way to configure EXISTING viewports automatically freeze NEW layers as they are created?

All help appreciated.

Reply to
news.teranews.com