Circle in 3D through 3 points

Hi there,

i was wondering if it is possible to draw a circle through 3 given points that are different in X, Y and Z coordinates.

After inserting my 3 points, my circle through these points has following properties:

the Z-coordinate of the circle equals the Z of the first point chosen in 3P mode. Autocad acts like the circle has to be drawn through these 3 points in the plane Z=Z(first point picked)

The only way i was able to get my centerpoint (in a surveying task) is to connect the 3 points with 3d lines and since 3points make only one plane, we can apply basic math in this plane.

3 perpendicular lines through the middles of the triangle's sides give me the centerpoint.

Is there an other way? and anyway, is it possible to draw a flat circle through 3 3D-points?

Regards,

M.

Reply to
Mr Soul

set the ucs to line up with those 3 points then you can draw it through them.

type UCS(pick points)

Reply to
Longshot

well what do you know, it works!!