3d solid from points

Hi,

I'm aiming to import a point cloud produced by my aerodynamics code in Matlab. I've put the coordinate file at

I have downloaded the macro at

. This has made a 3d sketch of my blade, but only with points (no lines or curves, just 3D points)

How can I make this a solid? I don't have "scan to 3D" (using solidworks 2008 professional).

I eventually want to send this file to mastercam to cut the blade on my homebuilt cnc machine.

Thank you so much for any advice, Adam

Reply to
Adam Chapman

Adam,

Using the curve command and 3D sketches, I was able to loft a solid thru your points very easily.

Make some 3d sketches representing the leading and trailing edges of your airfoil.

Under the curve command, use the "Curve through reference points" command, make sure to select closed curve from the options, select each one of your data point sets for each curve you are going to make.

Take and loft a surface thru these curves, use the leading and trailing edge curves as guide curves.

Reply to
dgreggain

Thanks for the help, I really apprecate it :)

Reply to
Adam Chapman