Re: Curves

Deri,

You should have the choice of importing the IGES curves as a 3D sketch upfront in the dialog box.

The folks at SW don't seem to be able to comprehend the fact that "sometimes" people have to deal with 3D IGES wireframe data. You can see the results for yourself. You can't import more that two or three curves and still be able to work with it. I usually use another program (in my case Mastercam) to edit wireframe IGES files. That is, break them up into smaller organised groups, save them as seperate IGES files, and read them back in as needed. I think you can use Rhino in a similar way

I hope SW2004 will allow you to deal with this type of data better, but I've been saying the same thing about the last three versions.

Regards

Mark

]
Hi > I imported some 30 IGES curves in to a part (no surface data - the curves > represent where the plates on the hull of a vessel are) and SW seemed to > grind to a halt- even rotating and panning went out the window. Even with > only the part containing the imported data open it was unuseably slow. The > only solution appeared to be creating a 3D sketch and converting entitities, > deleting the references and then deleting the original curves. > Can anybody explain why SW doesn't like curves? > SW2003 SP3 on win2000 sp3. ELSA synergy II card with drivers late 2002. > > Thanks > Deri > > >
Reply to
Mark Mossberg