EXPORTING XYZ POINTS COORDINATES INTO EXCEL

I have this macro that for some reason is not working properly. It
should open a excel file and extract xyz points coordibnates from sw
parts. Could you please run it and tell me what is wrong?
Thank you!!!!!
Sub main()
Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks
Dim doc As SldWorks.ModelDoc2
Dim part As SldWorks.PartDoc
Dim sm As SldWorks.SelectionMgr
Dim feat As SldWorks.Feature
Dim sketch As SldWorks.sketch
Dim v As Variant
Dim i As Long
Dim sseg As SldWorks.SketchSegment
Dim sline As SldWorks.SketchLine
Dim sp As SldWorks.SketchPoint
Dim ep As SldWorks.SketchPoint
Dim s As String
Dim exApp As Excel.Application
Dim sheet As Excel.Worksheet
'Set exApp = New Excel.Application
Set exApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
If Not exApp Is Nothing Then
exApp.Visible = True
If Not exApp Is Nothing Then
exApp.Workbooks.Add
Set sheet = exApp.ActiveSheet
If Not sheet Is Nothing Then
sheet.Cells(1, 2).Value = "X"
sheet.Cells(1, 3).Value = "Y"
sheet.Cells(1, 4).Value = "Z"
End If
End If
End If
Set swApp = GetObject(, "sldworks.application")
If Not swApp Is Nothing Then
Set doc = swApp.ActiveDoc
If Not doc Is Nothing Then
If doc.GetType = swDocPART Then
Set part = doc
Set sm = doc.SelectionManager
If Not part Is Nothing And Not sm Is Nothing Then
If sm.GetSelectedObjectType2(1) = swSelSKETCHES Then
Set feat = sm.GetSelectedObject4(1)
Set sketch = feat.GetSpecificFeature
If Not sketch Is Nothing Then
v = sketch.GetSketchPoints
For i = LBound(v) To UBound(v)
Set sp = v(i)
If Not sp Is Nothing And Not sheet Is Nothing And Not exApp Is
Nothing Then
'sheet.Cells(2 + i, 1).Value = "Normal Vector " & i + 1
sheet.Cells(2 + i, 2).Value = (sp.X * 1000) / 25.4
sheet.Cells(2 + i, 3).Value = (sp.Y * 1000) /
25.4
sheet.Cells(2 + i, 4).Value = (sp.Z * 1000) / 25.4
exApp.Columns.AutoFit
End If
Next i
End If
End If
End If
End If
End If
End If
End Sub
Reply to
Ariel
Why don't you just write out solidworks data as a comma delimited text file and import it into excel? Seems like it would be a lot easier. Multiapp programming can be flaky.
Reply to
Mr. Who
How do you export txt files from SW? I can export IGES and open it in Rhino.... was not able to create txt in SW though, thank you for the advice!!
Regarding the xyz-macro, it is working!
Reply to
Ariel
Good news that it is working. You can use the filesystemobject to create a text file and then write out to it with simple file.writeln calls. Do a search for filesystemobject and microsoft has some good examples. But I guess it is unnecessary now that you have your macro working. Feels good to make something work =D.
Reply to
Mr. Who