How to get Model sketch points coords in Drawings?

Hi there!

I would like to get the points of a model sketch in drawing coordinates. I wrote a small script, but it gives me the coordinates of points that do not correspond to the coordinates of the drawing.

Can someone help me how to solve this issue?

My macro code: ' *****************

Option Explicit Sub main() Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks Dim swModel As SldWorks.ModelDoc2 Dim swDraw As SldWorks.DrawingDoc Dim swView As SldWorks.View Dim Part As Object Dim swSelMgr As SldWorks.SelectionMgr Dim swSketch As SldWorks.Sketch Dim swFeat As SldWorks.Feature Dim swSketchPoint As SldWorks.SketchPoint Dim sketchPointArray As Variant Dim vSketchPtID As Variant Dim vSketchPt As Variant Dim swSelData As SldWorks.SelectData Dim i As Long Dim xValue As Double Dim yValue As Double Dim boolstatus As Boolean Set swApp = CreateObject("SldWorks.Application") Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc Set swDraw = Part Set swSelMgr = Part.SelectionManager Set swView = swDraw.GetFirstView 'Page Set swView = swView.GetNextView '1st Drawing View boolstatus = Part.Extension.SelectByID2("Sketch1@Part1-2@Drawing View1", "SKETCH", 0, 0, 0, False, 0, Nothing, 0) Set swFeat = swSelMgr.GetSelectedObject6(1, -1) Set swSketch = swFeat.GetSpecificFeature2 sketchPointArray = swSketch.GetSketchPoints2 For i = 0 To UBound(sketchPointArray) 'Value returned by ISketchPoint::GetCoords Set swSketchPoint = sketchPointArray(i) 'x & y coordinates xValue = sketchPointArray(i).X yValue = sketchPointArray(i).Y 'Point ID boolstatus = swSketchPoint.Select4(True, swSelData) vSketchPtID = swSketchPoint.GetID Debug.Print " Sketch point ID (" & i & ") = [" & vSketchPtID(1) & "]" Debug.Print " Sketch point ID (" & i & ") = [" & vSketchPtID(0) & ", " & vSketchPtID(1) & "]" Debug.Print "Point coordinates: " Debug.Print " x: " & xValue * 1000 Debug.Print " y: " & yValue * 1000 Debug.Print " " ' Do something useful with the data Next i Part.ClearSelection2 True End Sub

Reply to
Alexander Mikhalchuk

In the drawing, there are 2 co-ordinate system - sheet and view. Which system do you want them in. Also can you furnish little more details of what you are doing?

Reply to
Nirantar Vidyarthee