Machine designers needed

Out of work or looking for work on the side?

Do you have any machine design experience, and/or are you open to relocation? If either answer is "yes" then contact me. I'm now working 'direct' for a consulting company in Charlotte, NC (formerly I was an independent), and we have more work than we can easily handle, designing machinery mostly. An extensive number of new machines for factory automation. It looks like it's going to last a while also, as long as we retain our biggest client. Work can be done out of your home on a consistent basis, but in order for there to be more than a bit of contract work you would have to be within easy driving distance of Charlotte and at least be available for meetings and trips to the factory we are automating. Otherwise there is the possiblity of a reasonably steady trickle of work like detailing parts and assemblies designed here and maybe sometimes some design work that can be done "in a vacuum".

Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton E-Tech / Systems Integration

Charlotte, NC

704-583-0635, extension 258

If you email directly be sure to remove/replace the MUNGE info in my posted email address.

Reply to
Sporkman

Hello Mark-

Congrats Mark. E-Tech got themselves a real Pro.

Please send me an e-mail. I'd like to recommend someone. I hosed-up trying to un-munge your posted address.

Good Luck, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Done . . . and many thanks for the good words.

'Sporky'

"Dev>

Reply to
Sporkman

Wow,

Really glad to hear you got yourself a good gig. They got a good man

Congrats...

What type of automation ? That's really where my roots are.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg

Thanks very much for the good words and wishes, Mark. Yes, I'm very pleased that this work is so much like being independent. Lots of the pluses without quite so many of the minuses (like having to spend so much time beating the bushes for work). Among other things we're partially automating a factory where there's some metal fabrication going on (including heat treatment in hot salt bath, presses and automatic punch machines) and a lot of mechanical assembly. We're picking up a number of different parts, moving them to workstations and orienting them properly such that they get the work done on them automatically, also creating some new workstations, and creating end-of-the-line packaging solutions as well. There's a lot of work to be done. I'm just now getting into the nitty gritty. And it's pretty gritty (big, dirty shop gritty), but it's good also to get my hands dirty as a nice break from pounding the keyboard.

Best regards, Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton (the last Amigo)

Mark Mossberg wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Hi Mark

I have 16 years experience in machinery design, of which 15 is on CAD, first CATIA, then Pro/E and now SolidWorks. The machinery I have designed is mainly high precision automated production line type for the whiteware industry. I have also designed a number of vacuum moulds for refrigerator liners. I am in New Zealand, so traveling to the factory is not possible. But if you are interested in sending some work my way, please contact me.

Regards

Rick

Reply to
Rick Lussi

Don't use the phone number given below today (Thursday). We're moving into new digs and the phones are all messed up. I hesitate to give my home phone or cell phone out, so at least for today you'll have to rely on email to contact me.

'Sporky'

Sporkman wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Guess you're correct that you didn't de-munge my email address correctly. Have gotten no message from you. I'll try to de-munge YOUR email address and see if we can link up.

'Sporky'

----------------------------------- John F>

Reply to
Sporkman

Well I may indeed contact you, Rick, but probably a little later. Right now I'm concentrating mostly on those who might be willing and able to relocate to the Charlotte area. I wouldn't be surprised if we do have some overage coming up, even with some other part-time help we've gotten.

Best regards, 'Sporky'

Rick Lussi wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Spork,

Yea, I like to spend at least a couple hours in the shop every day making chips. Especially when I'm stumped over some problem. It's therapeutic.

Our shop is really clean though, ya think I'd get more out of it if I messed it up ??? ;>)

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg

Spork,

Yea, I like to spend at least a couple hours in the shop every day making chips. Especially when I'm stumped over some problem. It's therapeutic.

Our shop is really clean though, ya think I'd get more out of it if I messed it up ??? ;>)

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg

I might be interested in the trickle work you mention, possibly even more. I am only a couple hours from Charlotte, but I do have a full time job. Feel free to e-mail me.

Mike Rice

Reply to
Michael Rice

Mark, I have 25+ years of machine design, much of it for use in hostile and abrasive surroundings. I have about 10 years on AutoCad, only a few months on SolidWorks. Also have decent background in hydraulics, electronics, and electrical controls. I can sure use the work. I live near Hartford, Connecticut.

Did you receive email from me? I think that I successfully un-munged your address - got a reply from a server that it worked.

Thanks in advance, Mac Harper

Reply to
Mac Harper

mark my decrypter is broken and the MUNGE cant be removed. email or call Please your # is NOT in service?

Ryan Hay Solid Design Systems Inc.

519 886-8362 snipped-for-privacy@solidesign.com
Reply to
Ryan Hay - SDSI