Generate a circle in 3D

cad.sw I am working in SW08 with the VB macro code, but I require the ability to draw a set of sketches of circles in 3D.

I can currently achieve this in the XY XZ and YZ planes, but when the circle sketch is not aligned in any plane I can not achieve the desired outcome.

I was working with someone else who suggested the use of Sketch::ModelToSketchTransform and MathPoint::MultiplyTransform, but I am unable to find any example VB code that will do so.

If possible I want to only specify the circles centre and one (or two) points in space which sit on the circles radius.

Thanks

Reply to
Duva

Hers's a thought,

why not create a plane based on the points on the circle then create your sketch of the circle on that plane.

But then I know nothing about VB so it may not be possible.

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

Steve, I already have the planes generating, but drawing circles on them is not promosing using the basic generate circle command. I believe the Sketch::ModelToSketchTransform method will work, but I dont have a suitable sample code for a 3d circle

Reply to
Duva