creating 3d rendered display of XYZ imported Points

I have a surveying program that outputs a file of points with x,y,z coordinates. In the past I have imported these to Autocad (Land
Developer) and displayed them as 2D with depths displayed at each point. What I'd like to do and I'm sure there must be a way, is to display them as a 3 dimentional rendered view of the surveyed surface in question.
So... Can someone get me started on how to display a list of XYZ coords as a 3d rendered display.
Cheers,
Regards
Dene Oehme "The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist"
HiHo; Drop a "MESH" over them.

Bestafor are you a dwalf ? or a Relation to snow White ?