Points Coordinate export

Hi people. I use WF2. I have a model with some points (it's not a CMM file, it's a "normal" part) and I need to get a file (text file o similar) with the 3D
coodinates (X, Y, Z ) of these points. Is it possible in an automatic way ? Any help is welcome. Bye Pier
Depends on how you created the points. If they were created as 'Offset CSYS', then 'Edit> Definition' will show you an interface panel with a Save button. This will create a named .pts file with xyz coordinates in a list for each point. I don't think I've seen any other way to create points that will let you save this way. Makes sense since you're creating the points referencing a common csys.
--
David Janes

"Pier Dil" < snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.it> wrote in message
Hi I have points created in different ways, for instance as intersection between curves and surfaces or as a pattern of start point. My scene is : a curve on plane a point pattern on curve a axis pattern on points intersection between axis ans surface. In this way I got 3D points.
I'd need the have the coordinates of these points in order to drive a CNC Machine. I hope it's clear. Bye Pier
David Janes wrote:

From a post I found in this group years(?) ago. If your using windows you can export your file to iges, and run the below VBS script.
If your using a Unix system, you may be able to code a similiar script with tools like sed, vi and the like.. (any offers?- its been a long time since I've scripted a unix shell)
VBS script:
' iges2pt.vbs ' Extracts location of points from IGES file and writes to text file. ' Requires input filename as argument: iges2pt.vbs inputfile.igs OPTION EXPLICIT ON ERROR RESUME NEXT Dim objWSO Dim objFSO Dim InputFileName Dim InputFile Dim OutputFile Dim strLine Dim objRegExp Dim arrParts Set objWSO = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") ' Define InputFile InputFileName = WScript.Arguments(0) ' Need Error Trap to prompt if filename not provided. InputFileName = objFSO.GetAbsolutePathName(InputFileName) Set InputFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(InputFileName, 1, False) ' Define OutputFile Set OutputFile = objFSO.CreateTextFile("Points.txt", 2, True) ' Define RegExp for Type6 (Points) Set objRegExp = New RegExp With objRegExp     .Pattern = "^116\b" End With ' Process Data Do Until InputFile.AtEndOfStream     strLine = InputFile.ReadLine     ' If Type6     If objRegExp.Test(strLine) then         ' IGES format uses 'D' in scientific notation. Replace D with E.         strLine = Replace(strLine, "D", "E")         ' Split by commas.         arrParts = Split(strLine, ",")         ' Write x y z to output file.         strLine = arrParts(1) & " " & arrParts(2) & " " & arrParts(3)         OutputFile.Writeline strLine     End If Loop 'Close files InputFile.Close OutputFile.Close
HTH.
-