Intralink 3.2 on a windows server

Hello Everybody,

We are planning to migrate our intralink 3.2 installation from a "solaris

2.6" to a "windows server 2003" in order to install version 3.4 with pro/E Wildfire 2. I have several questions:

-Does intralink 3.2 run on a windows server 2003 ? It's not supported by PTC.

-Did anyone have already done this style of "migration"? Is it difficult to do?

-Do i have to migrate the dataserver or simply export from solaris and import into windows after installation of the dataserver?

-Can someone point me to a step-by-step method for doing that?

Sorry for my bad english.

Patrice Freytet

Reply to
Fretty

Hey Patrice,

Not sure whether or not Pro/Intralink 3.2 will run on Windows Server

2003. I do know that I got Pro/Intralink 3.4 M011 working on Windows Server 2003 with no problems. Just make sure you have the appropriate Oracle database and patch (9.2.0.5.0 is needed I think) for the Windows 32-bit platform.

I have only done migrations across Windows platforms (Windows 2000 server to Windows 2003).

E-mail me. I have a PDF document that is very close to what you are trying to do (between UNIX and Windows in Intralink 3.x).

Hope this helps.

--Adam Joseph Cook, Mechanical Engineer

Reply to
Adam Joseph Cook